+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That 22 man brawl yesterday.

That 22 man brawl yesterday.

Was good fun but considering the professionalism in the game how on earth do things like that still happen? What are they hoping to achieve apart from trying to get someone else sent off?

Also maybe ive missed them but the womens game doesnt seem to have those pointless brawls? Wonder why?

From a fans perspective i thought it was hilarious and great fun but if i was a professional......

Re: That 22 man brawl yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Was good fun but considering the professionalism in the game how on earth do things like that still happen? What are they hoping to achieve apart from trying to get someone else sent off?

Also maybe ive missed them but the womens game doesnt seem to have those pointless brawls? Wonder why?

From a fans perspective i thought it was hilarious and great fun but if i was a professional......
    Hardly a ‘brawl’. Two Cardiff players involved in a foul on Pukki and that would have been that, except the whole Norwich team ran about 30 metres to pile in with pushing and shoving. Cardiff players then came in to protect Ralls and Ng. Ref had no control over it. He booked three Cardiff players and only one Norwich, whereas they clearly started it. At least four of their players should have been booked and one sent off (not Hanley - the one who forcibly pushed Ng over). They were deliberately being confrontational for the whole game, especially Cantwell and Pukki.

Re: That 22 man brawl yesterday.

Tempers flare up in high intensity situations, even for professionals. It wasn’t really a brawl just some shouting and pushing.

I’ve seen chefs and kitchen staff get more aggressive on busy nights. Although half of them are coked up to their eyeballs.