+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chaos at Gate 3 Yesterday

Chaos at Gate 3 Yesterday

Missed the start of the game yesterday due to this. Turnstiles not working, or working intermittently, eventually got in at Gate 4. Don’t know why you need to enter at a particular group of turnstiles at the Canton/Canton Grandstand part of the ground, you are on the same concourse after entering. Wouldn’t it be better for fans to enter at the nearest available (or shortest queue) turnstile on arrival, then make their way to their seat as I eventually did yesterday.

Re: Chaos at Gate 3 Yesterday

Brought this to the attention of the FLO

My gate changed from 4 to 5 this season. Was shocked at how empty it was at half two, just waltzed straight in

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Brought this to the attention of the FLO
    What’s Andy Capp’s wife going to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Missed the start of the game yesterday due to this. Turnstiles not working, or working intermittently, eventually got in at Gate 4. Don’t know why you need to enter at a particular group of turnstiles at the Canton/Canton Grandstand part of the ground, you are on the same concourse after entering. Wouldn’t it be better for fans to enter at the nearest available (or shortest queue) turnstile on arrival, then make their way to their seat as I eventually did yesterday.
    Apparently Gates 3,4,5 & 9 are paired together, so you can use any of these if you have a ticket for one of them.

What’s Andy Capp’s wife going to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Apparently Gates 3,4,5 & 9 are paired together, so you can use any of these if you have a ticket for one of them.
    Says entrance gate 3 on the season ticket card, so have always used that. First time I’ve used gate 4 yesterday. The stewards at gate 3
    were telling us yesterday that because of the turnstile failure gate 4 would accept our cards. I assumed that using your card at a different gate than what’s stated on your card would result in rejection. Wouldn’t want to attempt it when turnstiles are working normally as could result in queuing up twice.
    As I said though, it would be sensible for ‘same concourse’ cards to be usable at any relevant turnstile.

Says entrance gate 3 on the season ticket card, so have always used that. First time I’ve used gate 4 yesterday. The stewards at gate 3
    were telling us yesterday that because of the turnstile failure gate 4 would accept our cards. I assumed that using your card at a different gate than what’s stated on your card would result in rejection. Wouldn’t want to attempt it when turnstiles are working normally as could result in queuing up twice.
    As I said though, it would be sensible for ‘same concourse’ cards to be usable at any relevant turnstile.
    Tony brought the issue up on the SLO group Whattsapp group and Wayne Nash informed us of the entrance ‘grouping’..

Mine was for entrance 9 and I went in via 4 as I’d had to go to the TO to pick up Reading tickets, so that seemed to back up what he said.

Use gate 4 every now and then even though gate 3 is on my season ticket, it definitely works

Thanks for the replies? I’ll be heading for the shortest queue next home game

Thanks for the replies? I’ll be heading for the shortest queue next home game
    We always use gate 3 but it's more of a 'sugar mouse' thing (if you've read Fever Pitch you'll know what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    My gate changed from 4 to 5 this season. Was shocked at how empty it was at half two, just waltzed straight in
    It’s a ten from Len.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It’s a ten from Len.

If you want to get to 116 you have to use Gate 9¾.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If you want to get to 116 you have to use Gate 9¾.
    It’s only open for the Stoke game apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Does this work for internationals as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It’s a ten from Len.
    Hahaha, you just have seen me entering

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Does this work for internationals as well?
    No idea. Sorry

It’s only open for the Stoke game apparently

I'm gate 5, there was a queue getting in there around 2.55. A few people struggled and had to turn around. One fella hadn't prepared his ticket and then couldn't log in or find it.

I've definitely used different gates before when there's been a big queue. Not miles away but the next one or two along