+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: England v Germany Womens Euro Final

Re: England v Germany Womens Euro Final

The men in England been saying they’re gonna bring it home for yrs. looks like the women got fed up and said ffs, we’ll bring it home!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The miserable old white men didn’t enjoy this, did they? What a surprise….

At least that disgusting comment about preying on vulnerable young girls has been removed. Took the moderators long enough, though.
    Stop talking like a pretentious student

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    100% mate
    Piss off the pair of you , I made no reference to preying on young girls

It was a complete piss take , there's nothing worse than pretentious blokes who think they are right on with the wimmin

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The men in England been saying they’re gonna bring it home for yrs. looks like the women got fed up and said ffs, we’ll bring it home!!
    Sky sports announcing that “it’s come home” so let’s hope they leave that in the past (they won’t) haha

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Piss off the pair of you , I made no reference to preying on young girls

It was a complete piss take , there's nothing worse than pretentious blokes who think they are right on with the wimmin
    Your quote (and I’m paraphrasing as it’s been removed) basically said you hoped it would encourage more vulnerable women down the City.

There’s no justifying that so take it on the chin.

If there were any female members of this board I’m pretty sure this thread would have killed them off.

Your quote (and I’m paraphrasing as it’s been removed) basically said you hoped it would encourage more vulnerable women down the City.

There’s no justifying that so take it on the chin.
    Piss off , it didn't encourage preying on little girls which is what has been suggested

And I am certainly not going to be lectured on misogyny and offensive by a bloke who would take great delight in showing the lads on the back of the bus fanny photos on his mobile phone

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You should take them to the Wales Women's matches. They're good fun and they play at CCS or Rodney Parade. We watched England there during the qualies. They've been playing at Llanelli which is good for the game too. It used to be dead easy to get tickets for the big games (England, The Netherlands etc) years ago but these days you've got to be quick because they sell out fast.
    I actually looked up tickets for the last game last night - it's at CCS at home to Slovenia, adults from £8.

It's likely to be a must-win game too, in order to get into the play offs

Piss off , it didn't encourage preying on little girls which is what has been suggested

And I am certainly not going to be lectured on misogyny and offensive by a bloke who would take great delight in showing the lads on the back of the bus fanny photos on his mobile phone
    Not sure what the fanny photo comment is all about.

Fair enough, there’s still no part of me that thinks that comment was anyway acceptable though.

I’m assuming you mean TLG? 🤷*♂️

Fair enough, there’s still no part of me that thinks that comment was anyway acceptable though.
    It was a piss take . Its been removed , its no big deal . But TLG is like the trendy student on a field trip to Paris who pretends to be right on with the women yet is badgering away trying to get his leg over when the night draws in

He's in no position to lecture anyone given his mobile phone gallery . Unless it was all a joke ?

Not sure what the fanny photo comment is all about.

He's a hypocrite . Either you are against the exploitation of women or you are not .

You really are a pathetic individual. In every respect.

Maybe we should start a sweep now -
    How many MBEs/other honours will be given to the women's team in the new year honours?

Also, where did this "Lionesses" come from?
    The men's team aren't called Lions, are they?
    The only Lions (as far as I know) in British sport are the Rugby Union British & Irish(not English) Lions.

You really are a pathetic individual. In every respect.
    Well either you are prone to lecturing people from behind your keyboard whilst behaving in an entirely different way in the real world or you are not .

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Maybe we should start a sweep now -
    How many MBEs/other honours will be given to the women's team in the new year honours?

Also, where did this "Lionesses" come from?
    The men's team aren't called Lions, are they?
    The only Lions (as far as I know) in British sport are the Rugby Union British & Irish(not English) Lions.
    It is all generated by BBC, Sky and other media outlets. To be honest it all comes across as a bit patronising/condescending to me - sort of ‘look at the lovely ladies playing sport, who would have thought they would actually be any good at it’ type of thing.

Well either you are prone to lecturing people from behind your keyboard whilst behaving in an entirely different way in the real world or you are not .
    You have no idea where any boundaries are, which is why you’ve ended up in the position you currently occupy. I do, so I’ll leave it there.

You have no idea where any boundaries are, which is why you’ve ended up in the position you currently occupy. I do, so I’ll leave it there.
    Yeah whatever , you carry on with the game , I know the score with you

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It is all generated by BBC, Sky and other media outlets. To be honest it all comes across as a bit patronising/condescending to me - sort of ‘look at the lovely ladies playing sport, who would have thought they would actually be any good at it’ type of thing.
    Come off it. 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I see the tory sports minister is on the case !

I see the tory sports minister is on the case !
    Nadine Dorries incoming? She will be claiming the Womens' Euros win as another triumph for BlowJo!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I actually looked up tickets for the last game last night - it's at CCS at home to Slovenia, adults from £8.

It's likely to be a must-win game too, in order to get into the play offs
    Yeah, I had a few texts about it this morning. Sometimes kids go free, not sure about the Slovenia match. I prefer watching at CSS. At Newport, in the main stand, it's like a cow shed and very claustrophobic! Definitely go for it for the Slovenia match. It's been a bit like Wales mens team back in the day where it's been so close but ended in heartbreak. Fingers crossed (again) for September. It's worth it to see Jess Fishlock play. She's 35 now and won't be going on much longer but has been a great player for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nadine Dorries incoming? She will be claiming the Womens' Euros win as another triumph for BlowJo!
    One clown replaced by another

I think what has surprised me the most about the womens win is that I just don’t care at all. And I mean not remotely, if it was the mens Id be really annoyed with England winning a tournament, but nothing. I just don’t really find it very interesting and actually forgot the game was on so didn’t see it.
    Reason I don’t think it’s sexist is that lots of people with love for the game have it ingrained from a young age and from when you get into it most of the news, history or the bigger/more publicised news with clubs, teams, players etc is all towards the mens team. So over the years you’re invested into it (I don’t mean financially but emotionally). You know the players, you know the history between teams when they play each other. You’re hooked and it’s something lots of us move away from. The womens team for me then is MK dons, a new team, it isn’t anymore relevant than going to watch a different club and I don’t have the time or interest in going to watch a different team.

Only thing I find mildly irritating is when sports news will say EG there’s been a goal between arsenal and Chelsea, which is quite confusing as first instinct is to try and find if the game is on. They don’t do that with the u21 teams.

I hope that the win will be a springboard for womens football, and congrats to them for winning it but I think for lots of generations it’s too late and it’ll build with a younger crowd