Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: England v Germany Womens Euro Final

Re: England v Germany Womens Euro Final

Win with ya women
    You on only win with ya women
    Win with ya women
    You only with with ya women.

What a fuss now calling for bank holiday ffs , then BBC say this is real football , then some one said this will overtake men's footy , then someone said no drunks or nasty songs at game , Germans said we cheated , more shirts off highlights , end of , crap to watch ,

Welcome to snowflake football if that the future I'm off ,will watch the shirts off moments though never a yellow

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What a fuss now calling for bank holiday ffs , then BBC say this is real football , then some one said this will overtake men's footy , then someone said no drunks or nasty songs at game , Germans said we cheated , more shirts off highlights , end of , crap to watch ,

Welcome to snowflake football if that the future I'm off ,will watch the shirts off moments though never a yellow
    I'm just throwing this out there, but I'm pretty sure you aren't the target audience.

TLG rumbled me yesterday. I watched the final and sure, the commentary was hard to take but I really enjoy women's football. All my jokes about Mrs Citizen are....well...jokes. Wind ups. She was p*ssing herself laughing at this thread yesterday, especially as she writes about the women's game and we've been going to Wales, Cardiff Women, Cardiff Met, Bristol Women, Arsenal Ladies and others for years now. One of my mates who's a season ticket holder has a granddaughter who plays for Newport. She loves Cardiff and never misses a game but there's no side for her to play in at our club (something the kid raised at a Q&A recently).

I'd love for some of you to speak to Mrs Citizen and say some of this stuff to her. I guarantee you'd be crushed and she's only 5"1'.

Anyway, gotta go, it's laundry day today and I want to make sure she remembers to use the fabric conditioner properly otherwise there'll be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I am fully relaxed. I just think comparing/correlating this to Italia '90 and Euro '96 is strange. Don't you?
    I think it's great and the best thing about it is how upset a certain demographic get when people say "football's come home and it was the women who brought it"

Like I said, totally taken the edge off England winning a tournament (Euro's anyway) in future

I really enjoyed it tbh, particularly watching it with my two daughters.

Was a decent game too. The atmosphere is a bit 'naff' compared to what most of us on here probably generally like, but it seemed a lovely family event, and seeing the pure joy on the players faces, many of whom will have faced financial hardship in pursuit of their dream, was quite something.

I also enjoyed the one player quite clearly shouting "f*** o** you f***ing pr**k" to one of the Germans

"they're getting attention, if this continues then I won't be watching football anymore"

There's nothing more sulky than a middle aged man

This thread definitely gets a Visit ANGRYWHITEMANISTAN award!

Welcome to snowflake football….
    I was watching some snowflake football on Saturday afternoon. One of the players dramatically fell to the ground clutching his face after being pushed in the chest, while others were throwing themselves to the floor and rolling around after the slightest contact from their opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    I’m glad they won it. Anything that inspires more young people to take up sport and see the benefits of physical activity as opposed to being the next TicTok or reality TV star has to be a good thing.
    indeed

As a coach of a girls and ladies football team ( yes both now ) this win can only be a good thing

I didnt watch the game, I was up Birmingham watching the commonwealth netball ( Scotland V Wales at the time ) I saw plenty of people in Welsh shirts cheering when England scored aswell ( as a side note, the amount of Welsh supporting the Netball was great, must have been 3/4 Welshies in the house, even a Australian lady I spoke to said " impressed with the amount of Welsh considering they are a dev nation ( they are miles from the big 4, even top 8 in the world ) she was right

hopefully this will encourage more girls to come forward and play the sport we say we love, as the more who play, the better it gets

and I hope this means the attitude in the game changes, this old attitude is only holding the game back, here is a example after the C19 lockdown, when the club was arranging how to get back playing, hand sanitise before entering the field of play, sanitise the goal posts and ball every 1/4 ( we played 1/4 to help with that ) it was all rubbish, but when discussing who would train and when, a coach said " well the girls shouldn't comeback, they are only taking up space that the boys could use ( now as a club we have 5 X girls teams, all different ages ) when asked what they meant, the reply was " well the girls take up pitch space and a girl isnt going to make it in football " ( the messages were deleted quickly, but people saw them ) the coach was the boys U12 coach, her name, Sarah ( ironically when we got back to playing we were looking for inter club friendlies, Sarah didnt want to play us as she had been told we would be too good ( only 1 year older )

the Girls / ladies I coach dont want to be treated like boys, but they do want a fair crack at it, why shouldn't they, just because some old dinosaurs want the game to remain a male domain

my girls team will give any boys team of the same age a game, we often play the boys team, the 1st game the coach of the boys team ( same age group ) said the boys will go easy on the girls, 10 mins in the game, they are 1 nil down ( should have been 2 ) they had been tackled and they knew it ), we have played them a few times since and it is always a close game, 1 goal difference between us in every game, we have won more than them, but the main difference is the respect the coaches and players now have, over the summer when at tournaments, if the boys are on in the afternoon, they will arrive early and watch the girls games, they now appear not to have the same old fashioned opinions of the game,

Ive seen posts online that are quiet frankly embarrassing, picture of 3 irons, birdball, mentions of taking tops off, I watched it, it was boring ( maybe it was boring due to you not having a team to support ) , maybe go and watch a grassroots game, go with a open mind, you might enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I really enjoyed it tbh, particularly watching it with my two daughters.

Was a decent game too. The atmosphere is a bit 'naff' compared to what most of us on here probably generally like, but it seemed a lovely family event, and seeing the pure joy on the players faces, many of whom will have faced financial hardship in pursuit of their dream, was quite something.

I also enjoyed the one player quite clearly shouting "f*** o** you f***ing pr**k" to one of the Germans
    You should take them to the Wales Women's matches. They're good fun and they play at CCS or Rodney Parade. We watched England there during the qualies. They've been playing at Llanelli which is good for the game too. It used to be dead easy to get tickets for the big games (England, The Netherlands etc) years ago but these days you've got to be quick because they sell out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You should take them to the Wales Women's matches. They're good fun and they play at CCS or Rodney Parade. We watched England there during the qualies. They've been playing at Llanelli which is good for the game too. It used to be dead easy to get tickets for the big games (England, The Netherlands etc) years ago but these days you've got to be quick because they sell out fast.
    Big game coming up in September to get to the World Cup, tickets are very reasonably priced. As annoying as it is when England do well at anything, their victory ought to help shift some more tickets for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was watching some snowflake football on Saturday afternoon. One of the players dramatically fell to the ground clutching his face after being pushed in the chest, while others were throwing themselves to the floor and rolling around after the slightest contact from their opponents.
    I may have been there too. One big plus about this win is exposing the nonsense that has built up in the men’s game which is utterly embarrassing.
    What intrigues me as a Welshman - who enjoyed the women’s tournament but had no real interest in who won - is do the English REALLY think it’s come home?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Big game coming up in September to get to the World Cup, tickets are very reasonably priced. As annoying as it is when England do well at anything, their victory ought to help shift some more tickets for Wales
    Agreed. Lots of bucket hats at the games now too!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Agreed. Lots of bucket hats at the games now too!
    bucket hats yesterday at the netball, everyone had them on

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    bucket hats yesterday at the netball, everyone had them on
    I saw some Cardiff ones too on Saturday!

We are NEVER going to hear the end of this. The BBC particularly will fawn over it for months, if not years. To them it is everything because they basically don’t have any other sport to cover, apart from the Commonwealth games, which they are desperately trying to make out is a top level competition for the same reasons. It said it all for me when i found out that in one weight category in the women’s boxing, you could get a medal by winning just one fight, as only 8 boxers entered.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We are NEVER going to hear the end of this.
    I suspect we’ll hear next to nothing about it once the Premier League begins next weekend.

i watched that Women's Champions League Final held at Cardiff City Stadium and left before extra time because I was so bored. I made the mistake of thinking that the game was awful because it was being played by women, but, having watched quite a bit of women's football since then, it was awful because it was a shit game of football just like many men's game can be. I enjoyed yesterday's match because it was a good game of football on its own terms.

Last year, a small proportion of England fans disgraced themselves and their country at the men's Euro Final to the extent that games have had to be played behind closed doors as a punishment. Part of the enjoyment I'm getting about England's women winning a major tournament is imaging what sort of reaction the Neanderthals who have gave England men's team supporters the reputation they "enjoyed" through the last few decades are coming out with in reaction to England finally winning the sort of tournament they've so wanted them to be victorious in (especially against the Germans) and then it turns out to be a bunch of girls that did it

That said, it's both strange and revealing to hear English fans talking about the completely different atmospheres at international level between men's and women's games, because the fans of so many men's teams now behave like yesterday's crowd did as a matter of course = Wales men's internationals are joyous occasions now and have been for years, England really do need to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The BBC particularly will fawn over it for months, if not years..
    Well, it was the most-watched programme of 2022 so far. A peak audience of 17.4 million. Pretty impressive.

Nice to see misogyny is alive and well on CCMB. Some of the comments in here are embarrassing

Yeah, but it was "edgy".

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Nice to see misogyny is alive and well on CCMB. Some of the comments in here are embarrassing
    At least that disgusting comment about preying on vulnerable young girls has been removed. Took the moderators long enough, though.

At least that disgusting comment about preying on vulnerable young girls has been removed. Took the moderators long enough, though.
    100% mate

The media does it again!
    1 - “England’s pain is over, we’ve won our first major trophy since 1966”. No, the men’s team haven’t won a major trophy since 1966! The women's team won on their own merit and their win has f**k all to do with the men’s lack of success or the media’s obsession with it. I’m sure somewhere deep down the media are sick of talking about 1966 and saw the women’s victory as a relief to put it all to bed.
    2 - On the radio this morning the question was asked, ”How long before we see a female player or manager in the premier league?” Why the f**k should they? As if a woman hasn’t really made it unless they’re playing with ‘the men’.
    There is plenty of ground to make up, in terms of funding and investment (yes, Wales FA I’m looking to you) to ensure that Euro 2022 leaves a lasting legacy, and it’s vital that women’s teams are more widely seen as clubs and players in their own right.