+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: England v Germany Womens Euro Final

Re: England v Germany Womens Euro Final

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    One of my mates messaged me, “can’t believe it, it’s home, I get to see England win a major tournament” this **** hadn’t mentioned women’s football until a month ago. Ffs
    ah come on now ...it's the closest they will ever get

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    One of my mates messaged me, “can’t believe it, it’s home, I get to see England win a major tournament” this **** hadn’t mentioned women’s football until a month ago. Ffs
    Sodding "coming home" shit. So arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Cringe-making is putting it mildly. If you turned the sound off and watched it for pure footballing appreciation you wouldn't think these are the 2 best teams in Europe. Some good passing moments but it really looked like a Sunday morning at Pontcanna with 22 hangovers
    Totally agree with you regarding the quality of football. I've been hearing so much about the high skill level in the women's game so against my better judgement I thought I'd have a shufti and see what all the fuss is about. Never again. Mostly it was absolute dross.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Sodding "coming home" shit. So arrogant.
    It was a ditty penned by a couple of comedians that caught the imagination of the public and even the German media today acknowledged its appeal. Be not so serious, old fruit x

I honestly can't see why people are bothered . They were a good team and probably deserved to win . Its going to improve participation in football and possibly interest so that's got to be good news ?

If the England mens football team ever win anything then that will be the time to head for the trenches .

They've been singing it for 26 years. If we're singing Don't Take Me Home in another 20 years it'll be just as cringeworthy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They've been singing it for 26 years. If we're singing Don't Take Me Home in another 20 years it'll be just as cringeworthy.
    Try 56

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Relax, it doesn't matter
    I am fully relaxed. I just think comparing/correlating this to Italia '90 and Euro '96 is strange. Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I am fully relaxed. I just think comparing/correlating this to Italia '90 and Euro '96 is strange. Don't you?
    I agree. The reporter on ITV has just said it's laid the ghosts of 1966.If that's all England can win is a womens tournament. I'm happy with that.

football's coming home ................

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    football's coming home ................

Well they definitely won’t win Eurovision

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I agree. The reporter on ITV has just said it's laid the ghosts of 1966.If that's all England can win is a womens tournament. I'm happy with that.
    Right?

Sounds like I missed something special. That special that it didn’t merit any TV coverage here, in a European country.! Glad I’m away from the English media.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And now it's back to topless darts at Roehampton!
    Blow your tits up

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it seems to me that the 1966 references and the rivalry with Germany with its Stan Boardman overtones is very much a male thing. The co commentator gave us a history of the women's game in England in the dying minutes of the game last night which was a bit jarring, but there seemed a desire on the part of both of them to treat the women's game as separate from the men's. The commentators were completely biased, but no more so than Welsh football and rugby commentators are - I won't be listening to any of the media hype today, but I wasn't anywhere near as bothered about the women's team winning something as I would be about the men's. The obligatory these days home advantage helped England, but, based on what I saw, they were the best team in the tournament.

Keep hearing the commentary on the radio

The commentators shouting is really off putting

I’m glad they won it. Anything that inspires more young people to take up sport and see the benefits of physical activity as opposed to being the next TicTok or reality TV star has to be a good thing.

I normally watch the news at least once every day.
    Think I'll avoid it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Who you supporting?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Germany 🇩🇪

Not interested in women’s football 🤷*♀️
    I thought that I should watch it after all the media hype but turned it off after 5 minutes.

I found it really boring and it hasn’t changed my opinion of women’s football.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    I’m glad they won it. Anything that inspires more young people to take up sport and see the benefits of physical activity as opposed to being the next TicTok or reality TV star has to be a good thing.
    Agreed. Saw that young girl who was spotted dancing in the crowd. She was given the VIP treatment on the day and her enthusiasm and passion was brilliant to see.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it seems to me that the 1966 references and the rivalry with Germany with its Stan Boardman overtones is very much a male thing. The co commentator gave us a history of the women's game in England in the dying minutes of the game last night which was a bit jarring, but there seemed a desire on the part of both of them to treat the women's game as separate from the men's. The commentators were completely biased, but no more so than Welsh football and rugby commentators are - I won't be listening to any of the media hype today, but I wasn't anywhere near as bothered about the women's team winning something as I would be about the men's. The obligatory these days home advantage helped England, but, based on what I saw, they were the best team in the tournament.
    Biased to the point of unprofessional. Several England tackles went in - a couple really nasty- but all you go was "a fair tackle, "she's making the most of it.." One of those where the commentator said 'she's milking it' ended with the German striker not coming out for extra time.
    I occasionally watch a little of the women's golf, some tennis, but women's football is being hyped up to ridiculous levels. The typical attendance for a game in England may go up a few hundred, but that's it. No doubt it will be televised more in order to bring in more money, but I think the more people watch the women's game outside this major event, more people are going to wonder what the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Biased to the point of unprofessional. Several England tackles went in - a couple really nasty- but all you go was "a fair tackle, "she's making the most of it.." One of those where the commentator said 'she's milking it' ended with the German striker not coming out for extra time.
    I occasionally watch a little of the women's golf, some tennis, but women's football is being hyped up to ridiculous levels. The typical attendance for a game in England may go up a few hundred, but that's it. No doubt it will be televised more in order to bring in more money, but I think the more people watch the women's game outside this major event, more people are going to wonder what the fuss is about.
    Yeah the commentary was ridiculous but it always is with England, even the S4C commentary isn't as bad as BBC/ITV when England play!

The miserable old white men didn’t enjoy this, did they? What a surprise….

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The miserable old white men didn’t enjoy this, did they? What a surprise….
    We don't like flower arranging and fashion shows either. It's what defines us..

If a female Wales team won the Euro’s, we’d be bigging it up. I watched the game, and thought it was very competitive, and whilst the skill level wasn’t too high, still enjoyed it.
    Let them have their deserved moment of glory i say.