+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Baseball In The US A Good Watch Live ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Baseball In The US A Good Watch Live ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    There is a regular season game being played in August on the actual site where the film was made. They did it for the first time last season and it was a great watch for any fans of the film
    They did the whole thing exceptionally well. Loved the fact that the players entered the field of play by coming out of the surrounding corn field

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    They did the whole thing exceptionally well. Loved the fact that the players entered the field of play by coming out of the surrounding corn field
    Face value for tickets was around $400, but apparently, the average paid by those in attendance was closer to $1500!

Spent a year in New Jersey and my American mates were big Yankees fans so went to quite a few games with them. Loved the match day experience, drinking beers in the sun. At first my knowledge of the game was zero so didn’t quite enjoy the action but after a few games I got into more and more. What changed for me was when the play offs began - it was like a different sport. Unlike the regular season (180+ games?) where a defeat isn’t the end of the world as you play again the next day, the play offs game were tense and exciting where every pitch was scrutinised. Best of 7 games in the “semi final” and “final” meant huge and constant coverage as the week went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Spent a year in New Jersey and my American mates were big Yankees fans so went to quite a few games with them. Loved the match day experience, drinking beers in the sun. At first my knowledge of the game was zero so didn’t quite enjoy the action but after a few games I got into more and more. What changed for me was when the play offs began - it was like a different sport. Unlike the regular season (180+ games?) where a defeat isn’t the end of the world as you play again the next day, the play offs game were tense and exciting where every pitch was scrutinised. Best of 7 games in the “semi final” and “final” meant huge and constant coverage as the week went on.
    Agreed. Playoff baseball is a whole different animal. Losing in the regular season, especially before September is very much a case, "oh well, try again tomorrow". The excitement in postseason games is palpable.