+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Baseball In The US A Good Watch Live ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Baseball In The US A Good Watch Live ?

I first went in ‘06 and saw the Yankees play Kansas City.
    Loved it.
    The atmosphere was great. The crowds leading up to the stadium reminded me of 6Nations game and once inside it was like an ODI.
    It was a high scoring game so plenty to see.
    I’ve been back since and watched loads of games. That first experience definitely got me interested.
    Take in the full culture. The beers (yeah might be a touch pricy) the food, the Crackerjack, the 7th Inning Stretch. Chat to the locals - wear your City shirt, it’ll get noticed - especially those next to you who can help with some of the subtleties of the game.
    The game itself will probably be long, and a little slow. But the speed of the action in the big plays is electric with fielding skills way above what we see in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffster View Post
    I first went in ‘06 and saw the Yankees play Kansas City.
    Loved it.
    The atmosphere was great. The crowds leading up to the stadium reminded me of 6Nations game and once inside it was like an ODI.
    It was a high scoring game so plenty to see.
    I’ve been back since and watched loads of games. That first experience definitely got me interested.
    Take in the full culture. The beers (yeah might be a touch pricy) the food, the Crackerjack, the 7th Inning Stretch. Chat to the locals - wear your City shirt, it’ll get noticed - especially those next to you who can help with some of the subtleties of the game.
    The game itself will probably be long, and a little slow. But the speed of the action in the big plays is electric with fielding skills way above what we see in cricket.
    Just how I see it. The breaks between innings are for the TV ads and they slow it down, but in youtube you don''t get them. They are always searching for ways to speed the game up as they are losing fans. I mostly like the Mets as they rebuilt a new team after the Brooklyn Dodgers and Giants were taken away from them. Some fan power there. They really hate foreigners who say they are Yankees fans!

Just wondering if there's enough of us to ask Mike to set up a Baseball sub-forum here. After all it's not so long since we had our own version of baseball, fondly remembered. Whadda ya think Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Just wondering if there's enough of us to ask Mike to set up a Baseball sub-forum here. After all it's not so long since we had our own version of baseball, fondly remembered. Whadda ya think Mike?
    I don't think it'll take off enough to require a forum of it's own. Maybe an MLB thread like the Glammy one.

Only live sport I've seen in the USA was Brooklyn Nets v Washington basketball in Brooklyn. Glad I experienced it.

I like baseball but it can be a bit tedious. I like NFL as well.