Always wanted a stab at it after visiting the glee club quite regularly down the bay and thinking, "I reckon I could fo better than that" after a comedian has left the stage. Its a bit hit and miss right?
Anyway, last week an advert come up on my fb feed to be trained up to be a comedian for 8 weeks by a professional in aid of Cancer research.
The gig is on the 27th of November I believe, I'm going to learn more in the next few weeks of what it's all about and have stupidly agreed to sign up and have set a target of £300 sponsorship money.
I am currently on £230 I think.
Now being a taxi driver for the last 24 years I have many many interesting stories to tell.
So my quandary is, do I go down this route which I find is natural?

I have one pearler of a story which i think is funny, and will definitely be long enough to last for what I only presume should be about 5 minutes of stage time. Or should I go down the route of making up my own gags which I have started trying to write myself and not just googling to help me.

Obviously this day and age it's a no no stealing other comedians gags, so I'm absolutely bricking it that I'm going to balls it up in front of all my friends and family, and also the sell out audience which is going to be at the glee club on the night.
Any advice would be grateful as right now I'm thinking, oh shit, what the Hell have I done?
It's OK being funny in front of your mates but in front of a huge audience it's absolutely daunting but exhilarating the thought of finally getting a chance to do what I've always dreamed of.