+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever done stand up comedy properly? Advice

Re: Anyone ever done stand up comedy properly? Advice

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Sad news now. I actually didn't know on the morning of gig but woke up with blood coming out my ear and screaming with puss.
    Shivering cold all day at the gig and I was supposed to be the very last act on but I asked if I could go on first as I felt so weak.

Anyway I'm up the heath hospital now for at least 7 days as I have meningitis and sepsis on my brain. I am absolutely feeling terrible.

Thanks for the donations everyone. Love the bobster
    Fck mate. Get better soon

Sad news now. I actually didn't know on the morning of gig but woke up with blood coming out my ear and screaming with puss.
    Shivering cold all day at the gig and I was supposed to be the very last act on but I asked if I could go on first as I felt so weak.

Anyway I'm up the heath hospital now for at least 7 days as I have meningitis and sepsis on my brain. I am absolutely feeling terrible.

Brilliant on the stand up and get well soon

Dear God, that’s dreadful news, the ‘bottle’ you’ve shown in preparing and doing the gig has been admirable and I trust it’ll get you through this as well. Keep fighting

Bloody hell mate. Get well soon. All the best.

Thank you Dan and Tuerto for your kind donations I am very humbled that people that don't know me would even consider donating money to someone they don't know. Also the rest of the lads on here I am truly humbled laying here on my deathbed reading how much I raised from just a few of you on ccmb. I have been on here in the days of the modem startup to load a page with names like Victor!! And send in tank, jeepers, I've always stuck with the same name uncle bob even though my name is actually Ian. Xxxx

Thank you Dan and Tuerto for your kind donations I am very humbled that people that don't know me would even consider donating money to someone they don't know. Also the rest of the lads on here I am truly humbled laying here on my deathbed reading how much I raised from just a few of you on ccmb. I have been on here in the days of the modem startup to load a page with names like Victor!! And send in tank, jeepers, I've always stuck with the same name uncle bob even though my name is actually Ian. Xxxx
    Welcome Mate, not much considering what you have been through and what you're going through now. I really do admire people who are prepared to put themselves out of their comfort zone and show up. Takes bottle. Well done

Still, I'm hospital it's 2.27am just woken up with a steroid shot in my arm. I'm getting more conscious now and with it but unsteady on my feet and there could be a chance the meningitis I caught has caused my good ear that didn't burst to be attacked by the meningitis and become permanently damaged, I can't hear a thing out of it and the one that is damaged every one sounds like they are talking in my head x 1.5 speed it's messed up man

Still, I'm hospital it's 2.27am just woken up with a steroid shot in my arm. I'm getting more conscious now and with it but unsteady on my feet and there could be a chance the meningitis I caught has caused my good ear that didn't burst to be attacked by the meningitis and become permanently damaged, I can't hear a thing out of it and the one that is damaged every one sounds like they are talking in my head x 1.5 speed it's messed up man
    This sucks man. So sorry to hear this. Being stuck in hospital in the middle of the night and worried and scared is a horrible experience and I really do empathise mate. Stay strong buddy. Healing takes time.

Keep fighting mate, not sure where you live but if you’re in the Heath I’m only around the corner should you need anything

Keep battling on, hope you have a speedy recovery 👍

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Keep battling on, hope you have a speedy recovery 👍
    Seconded. Get well soon

Jeez. Very best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

Had a wonderful little video just now arranged by one of my mates who does the kit.
    Sean morrison just sent me a lovely little short video, which wouldn't mean a thing to him but has made my day sat in my hospital bed.
    Little things like that cost nothing but mean so much to people.
    What a man. Thank you Sean morrison. ❤️❤️❤️
    Really give me a big boost that

Had a wonderful little video just now arranged by one of my mates who does the kit.
    Sean morrison just sent me a lovely little short video, which wouldn't mean a thing to him but has made my day sat in my hospital bed.
    Good to hear from you mate

A great gesture by Sean Morrison - only became aware of your problem just now and pleased to see you’re improving slowly.

Get well soon.

Cheers everyone. I'm off the super steroids now just the strong Antibiotics.
    Worry about my hearing in next few weeks.
    I'm getting there

Kin’hell Bob (aka Ian) best wishes on a complete recovery, take it easy & keep the staff entertained, a new audience for you.

Cheers everyone. I'm off the super steroids now just the strong Antibiotics.
    Worry about my hearing in next few weeks.
    I'm getting there
    Glad to hear you're getting better bob... Hope you make a full and swift recovery and get back to your stand up.

Bit of a backwards step again today.
    I'm back on the steroids and full of Blisters in my mouth, lips.
    Been up all night with severe headache and neck aches.
    In now for the week.

Bit of a backwards step again today.
    I'm back on the steroids and full of Blisters in my mouth, lips.
    Been up all night with severe headache and neck aches.
    In now for the week.
    Surely, “I’m here all week”..........sorry I couldn’t resist. All the best, keep battling

Get well soon mate.

I've finally got out of hospital and I'm at home.
    It's going to be a bit of a drawn out process learning to get my balance back again it could take weeks it could take months.

I'm just so lucky to be alive i'm not worried that I'm completely deaf in one ear

It's going to be a bit of a drawn out process learning to get my balance back again it could take weeks it could take months.

I'm just so lucky to be alive i'm not worried that I'm completely deaf in one ear
    Any gigs coming up in the near future Bob? glad to here you’re out mate.............Bradley Walsh is apparently shitting himself.

Great to hear. Take it steady.

Glad to see you're on the mend and home for Christmas