+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Haaland

Haaland

Anyone else get the feeling that Haaland might be Man City's Andreas Cornelius?

Re: Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    No.

If Man City are going to label him as a flop and sell him for £3m, can we have him?

Tell me you're a closet Liverpool fan without telling me you're a closet Liverpool fan...

No

I think he's going to be brilliant for them

If he gets injured preseason I can't see Haaland being rushed back to the first team too quickly, unlike our Andreas.
    Think he'll do just fine. He may not have the same goals to games ratio he's used to, but it'll br great to see him play in the Premier.

No

But it struck me how particularly ugly he was on the weekend

Cornelius was still a teenager with us, haaland is 22 and has several seasons playing in a top 5 league under his belt.
    then Cornelius was injured and rushed back and then we didn't play to his strengths. he's been pretty good everywhere else he's been, we just used him really badly

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Cornelius was still a teenager with us, haaland is 22 and has several seasons playing in a top 5 league under his belt.
    then Cornelius was injured and rushed back and then we didn't play to his strengths. he's been pretty good everywhere else he's been, we just used him really badly
    Pretty good wherever he’s been is stretching it. We know he can score goals in Scandavia but in the top 5 leagues he’s had 1 half decent season in Serie A with Palma but he’s since been bombed out,
    plus he flopped at Atalanta and Bordeaux since leaving Cardiff. Now banging them again in Turkey but he it just confirms to me he’s a decent enough striker in the second / third tier of
    Leagues but he’s not a top level striker.

Any comparisons to Haaland are futile

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Pretty good wherever he’s been is stretching it. We know he can score goals in Scandavia but in the top 5 leagues he’s had 1 half decent season in Serie A with Palma but he’s since been bombed out,
    plus he flopped at Atalanta and Bordeaux since leaving Cardiff. Now banging them again in Turkey but he it just confirms to me he’s a decent enough striker in the second / third tier of

he does look a bit like him though

Indeed not but I have gone with Harry Kane until I can see how he settles

a good season in serie A, saw a useful squad player at Atalanta for a couple of seasons too, and banging them in in Turkey as you say is enough evidence for me that he could have done a job here given that most of that time we've been an uninspiring championship team.

not comparing to Haaland who is obviously a different level

International

He'll be a beast in that team, don't judge players on pre season friendlies because thats how Man City view it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Indeed not but I have gone with Harry Kane until I can see how he settles
    Over a £100 million for 29 year old Harry Kane as opposed to £51 million for 22 year old Haaland, wages most probably similar. They won the league without shelling out for Kane, shrewd move I reckon.

He wasn't rushed back, Malky purposely kept him out under the pretext of injury, because he knew he had signed a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    No

But it struck me how particularly ugly he was on the weekend
    Lookist!

a good season in serie A, saw a useful squad player at Atalanta for a couple of seasons too, and banging them in in Turkey as you say is enough evidence for me that he could have done a job here given that most of that time we've been an uninspiring championship team.

not comparing to Haaland who is obviously a different level
    Yes, such a good squad player at Atalanta that after 1 season they loaned him out for the next 3.

He was signed for big money - for a promoted team at the time - to do a job in the PL not the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Over a £100 million for 29 year old Harry Kane as opposed to £51 million for 22 year old Haaland, wages most probably similar. They won the league without shelling out for Kane, shrewd move I reckon.
    I should have clarified, I was talking about fantasy football choice rather than best choice overall

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I should have clarified, I was talking about fantasy football choice rather than best choice overall
    Got you, understand now

Yes, such a good squad player at Atalanta that after 1 season they loaned him out for the next 3.

He was signed for big money - for a promoted team at the time - to do a job in the PL not the Championship.
    i remember all the baloney at the time about malkys three stage dossier on signing players but it turned out he had watched the same 4 minute you tube video that we all saw and thought we were getting a superstar in the making

Think he’s already answered this question.
    No is the answer