+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Haaland

Re: Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that Haaland might be Man City's Andreas Cornelius?
    Be interested in the OPs opinion on this haha. Very quiet since posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    27 goals already this season but apparently he’s the problem and City are better without him

Guys a freak he’s going to break all records
    Ridiculous viewpoint, I agree.

Haaland with two already tonight, one from a harsh pelanty decision in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Haaland with two already tonight, one from a harsh pelanty decision in my opinion.
    Diabolical I’d say.

First half hat trick.

5-0 now, four for Haaland. Has equalled Tommy Johnson’s Man City’s season scoring record.

That’s his fifth, Man City’s season record broken.

What a Fcking player

Leipzig put out of their misery, Haaland subbed.

"Dragged off after 60 mins. Obviously having a shocker."***

***Sir Sidney Rough Diamond 21:23 14th March 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    "Dragged off after 60 mins. Obviously having a shocker."***

***Sir Sidney Rough Diamond 21:23 14th March 2023
    Tan questioning why Malky went for Cornelius when 13 year old Haaland was obviously a better option.

KDB just got a 7th for Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    KDB just got a 7th for Man City
    Haaland’s were typical predatory striker’s goals, killer instinct. Gundogan’s & de Bruyne’s were things of beauty, absolute picture goals.

Haaland’s were typical predatory striker’s goals, killer instinct. Gundogan’s & de Bruyne’s were things of beauty, absolute picture goals.
    give me striker like haaland anyday over those other two.

International

classic

International

Haaland was just a second faster to react for every goal, pure instinct he made every goal look simple, most players wouldn't have even been able to head in that one goal it would have flown over their heads, but they would have still been looking at where the ball was going anyway.

When on it, which is often clearly, I can't see how you defend against him.

He is unlikely to do a messi style dribble past everyone but apart from that he has everything. It usually looks like a man against boys.

This still annoys me every time I read it. What were you thinking when you posted this? Just because he’s tall and blonde and Scandinavian you thought there was a comparison to make? 🤦*♂️

Haaland had scored 62 goals in 67 games for Borussia Dortmund, let alone all the goals for other teams and his country. There was nothing at all to suggest he would be Man City’s Cornelius, they didn’t even break the bank by their standards to get him, unlike us with Cornelius.

It's odds on he'll be considered the greatest striker of all time

If he gets the ball outside the box, it’s inevitably a short pass and he’s off into the box like shit off a shovel, very rarely tries to dribble he just anticipates, usually with success, where the ball is going to end up. Outstanding player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    This still annoys me every time I read it. What were you thinking when you posted this? Just because he’s tall and blonde and Scandinavian you thought there was a comparison to make? ��*♂️

Haaland had scored 62 goals in 67 games for Borussia Dortmund, let alone all the goals for other teams and his country. There was nothing at all to suggest he would be Man City’s Cornelius, they didn’t even break the bank by their standards to get him, unlike us with Cornelius.
    I think Cornelius gets a bad rap.

Yes, he was s*** here. Quite a few are.

He has had a half decent career though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    There was nothing at all to suggest he would be Man City’s Cornelius, they didn’t even break the bank by their standards to get him, unlike us with Cornelius.
    City didn't 'break the bank' with the Cornelius transfer. The club signed Caulker and Medel for larger fees after Cornelius had arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It's odds on he'll be considered the greatest striker of all time
    He's certainly got the most stupid haircut of all time

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City didn't 'break the bank' with the Cornelius transfer. The club signed Caulker and Medel for larger fees after Cornelius had arrived.
    😂I honestly thought when I posted that - I bet The Lone Gunman points out that we paid more for other players that window.

I don’t know exactly what the cliche “break the bank” has to be defined as, but what I meant was we broke our transfer record to sign him.
    Man City were no where near their club record when signing Haaland, so my point that the comparison doesn’t even work on that level is definitely valid.

What’s it like to be so predictable?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's certainly got the most stupid haircut of all time
    Another fantastic insight from the Factory.