+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Haaland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Apparantly David Moyes recommended him to Malky, he was considering signing him before he left for Manchester United, Malky was on a visit to see him at Everton.
    I mean it wasn't a bad recommendation in some ways. he's identified a teenager who has gone on to have a pretty decent career.
    I understand why he still gets so much stick from our fans, but who was the last striker who has gone on to have as good a career as he's had after leaving us? he's even played 41 times for a very decent Denmark side and has gone to a world cup and a euros with them.

not many or any of our current side, if any, would have made enough of an impact at age 18 in a poor premier League team either

Indeed not but I have gone with Harry Kane until I can see how he settles

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Indeed not but I have gone with Harry Kane until I can see how he settles
    Over a £100 million for 29 year old Harry Kane as opposed to £51 million for 22 year old Haaland, wages most probably similar. They won the league without shelling out for Kane, shrewd move I reckon.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Over a £100 million for 29 year old Harry Kane as opposed to £51 million for 22 year old Haaland, wages most probably similar. They won the league without shelling out for Kane, shrewd move I reckon.
    Cucurella has signed a six-year contract at Stamford Bridge after the two clubs agreed a deal worth a reported £63m.

£51ml for Haaland seems good business.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that Haaland might be Man City's Andreas Cornelius?
    He'll be a beast in that team, don't judge players on pre season friendlies because thats how Man City view it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I should have clarified, I was talking about fantasy football choice rather than best choice overall

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I should have clarified, I was talking about fantasy football choice rather than best choice overall
    Got you, understand now

Think he’s already answered this question.
    No is the answer

Could be a decent thread this.......

Quote Originally Posted by steve davies View Post
    i remember all the baloney at the time about malkys three stage dossier on signing players but it turned out he had watched the same 4 minute you tube video that we all saw and thought we were getting a superstar in the making
    Malky made dodgy signings in the same way Warnock did. People need to read between the lines here.
    We're talking about players signed for huge fee's when they clearly weren't worth those fee's.
    With those signings comes agent fees and brown envelope back-handers.
    Isn't it obvious ffs?

He's quickly got into the fall over like he's been shot school

Fecking ponces the lot of em

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's quickly got into the fall over like he's been shot school

Fecking ponces the lot of em
    Stop Grizzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Stop Grizzling.
    Ohh there was contact ......Ohh......suits you

Fecking ponces

Get up you tart

He's got a complete arse of a haircut too

Diver , crap haircut

Dion Dublin getting paid silly money to blow smoke up his arse

This is a fecking joke this modern football lark

Watching the West Ham and the Community Shield matches, I was struck by how Man City have found it hard to adapt their style to accommodate Haaland.

He's clearly a class striking act - anyone can see that - but still City are intent on getting the ball out to their 'wingers' for the killer pass into the box. When Haaland was slid in by de Bruyne for his second goal, THAT was what he wanted. Yet this move only happened once in today's match. I saw at least two occasions when he started a run for a through ball - which never happened. It's obvious that he will be playing on the defender's shoulder, looking for that type of pass. He's got pace to burn - and looks very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    He's clearly a class striking act - anyone can see that - but still City are intent on getting the ball out to their 'wingers' for the killer pass into the box. When Haaland was slid in by de Bruyne for his second goal, THAT was what he wanted. Yet this move only happened once in today's match.
    First match of the season, De Bruyne splits the defence with an absolutely perfect ball through to pick up a perfect run from Haaland who finishes it and kills the game with his second goal.

Football fan on the internet: "it only happened once, they're struggling to accommodate him"

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    No

But it struck me how particularly ugly he was on the weekend
    Christ yes

He looks like one of the sea devils out of Dr who

Best striker in world football right now. He will get chances ,plus the penalties , as Roy Keane pointed out. 30-40 goals is not out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    First match of the season, De Bruyne splits the defence with an absolutely perfect ball through to pick up a perfect run from Haaland who finishes it and kills the game with his second goal.

Football fan on the internet: "it only happened once, they're struggling to accommodate him"
    Amazing, isn’t it? Man City were playing away against a team that finished 7th last season. Haaland won a penalty and scored a second goal after defence-splitting passes. But they’re struggling to accommodate him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Amazing, isn’t it? Man City were playing away against a team that finished 7th last season. Haaland won a penalty and scored a second goal after defence-splitting passes. But they’re struggling to accommodate him.
    Did you see the game? If not your answer is tosh

Yes, I saw the game. And, based on Man City's victory over West Ham, I believe your contention is tosh.

If you had another eye you might be able to see the bigger picture