+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Haaland

Re: Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Interesting stuff - but "printed off" made me chuckle
    I’m carrying it around with me (laminated) until the end of the season or until the record becomes impossible Another thing is, it’s common knowledge that Dixie needed a hat trick in his last game to beat Camsell’s record. I didn’t realise that before the penultimate match he was 7 short, scoring 4 in the last but one game and getting the hat trick in the final game in a 3-3 draw with the Arsenal.
    And yet another anecdote, apparently he wasn’t keen on the ‘Dixie’ nickname, he preferred Bill or Billy. The Dixie nickname alluded to his dark complexion with its Deep South connections.

Bumping after his poor effort of only one goal this weekend. Maybe the Cornelius inside him is awakening

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Bumping after his poor effort of only one goal this weekend. Maybe the Cornelius inside him is awakening
    Dixie’s on 17 now, after his 5 against Man U on the weekend What a coincidence that Man U actually did play Everton on the weekend.

This thread needs to be framed in plated gold and fixed to the top of the board.
    Poor old Sidney's never living this one down

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Cornelius was still a teenager with us, haaland is 22 and has several seasons playing in a top 5 league under his belt.
    then Cornelius was injured and rushed back and then we didn't play to his strengths. he's been pretty good everywhere else he's been, we just used him really badly
    Apparantly David Moyes recommended him to Malky, he was considering signing him before he left for Manchester United, Malky was on a visit to see him at Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Apparantly David Moyes recommended him to Malky, he was considering signing him before he left for Manchester United, Malky was on a visit to see him at Everton.
    I mean it wasn't a bad recommendation in some ways. he's identified a teenager who has gone on to have a pretty decent career.
    I understand why he still gets so much stick from our fans, but who was the last striker who has gone on to have as good a career as he's had after leaving us? he's even played 41 times for a very decent Denmark side and has gone to a world cup and a euros with them.

not many or any of our current side, if any, would have made enough of an impact at age 18 in a poor premier League team either

Haha.

Nothing wrong with Citeh's disallowed Foden "goal" IMHO.

Decent enough game and scousers look like they might be back in the title race but that was a pivotal moment.

Absolutely cracking game....cannot fault Haarland...and yes Foden's goal was rightly disallowed.

I know we are a different league to these guys...but what I want to see in the game v Swansea is the intensity...the pace....the passion...the will to win....NOT just stroll around like a training game....slow slow quick quick slow.....

Out muscled the Brighton defence then from a route one ball.

17 league goals now.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m carrying it around with me (laminated) until the end of the season or until the record becomes impossible Another thing is, it’s common knowledge that Dixie needed a hat trick in his last game to beat Camsell’s record. I didn’t realise that before the penultimate match he was 7 short, scoring 4 in the last but one game and getting the hat trick in the final game in a 3-3 draw with the Arsenal.
    And yet another anecdote, apparently he wasn’t keen on the ‘Dixie’ nickname, he preferred Bill or Billy. The Dixie nickname alluded to his dark complexion with its Deep South connections.
    And he got to keep that ball. Isn't life ironic.

Good game this, 2-1, Brighton having a right go.

De Bruyne 3-1, great 25 yarder,

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that Haaland might be Man City's Andreas Cornelius?

2 more tonight (so far). 20 mins to go as City 3 - 0 up at Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

2 more tonight (so far). 20 mins to go as City 3 - 0 up at Leeds
    Only 2 against a poor Leeds lol

Nearly hit another hat-trick too.
    Watch Pep wind him up and sub him now

On target again

He's scored 21 premier league goals this season, which is more than 9 clubs have managed.

And over twice as many as wolves (10).

On target again
    Haaland 21 Premier League goals this season.
    Everton 12 Premier League goals this season.

Dean had scored 26 by his 16th game of the season, Haaland is still, just, keeping in touch.

On target again
    Brian or Dixie?
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Brian or Dixie?
    :)
    C’mon now, no ‘e’ so obviously William Ralph