+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to kill flies

How to kill flies

Get some RAID fly killer

Spray it at the twats

One hit .....they are going down

Re: How to kill flies

I also bought a battery operated tennis racket thing that electrocutes them, bit harder and you need to do a lot more work.

Is there a correlation between an increase in the fly population and falling newspaper sales?

I got some carnivorous plants, so entertaining watching the flies dice with death. Only trouble is you need distilled water for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    I got some carnivorous plants, so entertaining watching the flies dice with death. Only trouble is you need distilled water for them.
    Venus Fly Trap kind of thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is there a correlation between an increase in the fly population and falling newspaper sales?
    I think there probably is

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I also bought a battery operated tennis racket thing that electrocutes them, bit harder and you need to do a lot more work.
    Interesting take though , bit of an aerobic work out to mass extermination ?

rain water is fine isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    rain water is fine isn't it?
    Yeah rain water is fine, but distilled is far more convenient, as you need to keep them moist.

Yeah rain water is fine, but distilled is far more convenient, as you need to keep them moist.
    I've got 3 water butts in the garden, so that's aot more convenient for me

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes, that and pitcher plants are the most common. Here's where I got mine https://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk/

International

I've got 3 water butts in the garden, so that's aot more convenient for me
    Tidy Butt

Yes, that and pitcher plants are the most common. Here's where I got mine https://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk/
    I find that they're all pretty ineffective at actually getting rid of flies though, like they'll catch the occasional one but not enough for my liking

Is that the same as trapping them in your flies ? I find that works quite often..

Trap them in a small room with limited ventilation
    come back and finish them off later

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Trap them in a small room with limited ventilation
    come back and finish them off later
    Would the rspca get involved in a case like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Is that the same as trapping them in your flies ? I find that works quite often..
    Penis Man Trap

I had a rental property na few years ago, that was an old Victorian building, it had a chimney that had only been partially blocked off, so you couldn't use it and there were crows nesting in it every year.
    around the same time each year, the house would be absolutely inundated by scores of flies for a few days to a week - I guess when the crows left the nest or perhaps some chicks died in the chimney or something.
    it was horrendous.

the most effective way of dealing with them by far was fly paper. it's unsightly but it can clear a load of them in a few days.
    another method I inadvertently found was leaving an open bottle of yoghurt drink in the vicinity, about 20 of the ****ers had gone in and got stuck in there in a few hours

I had a rental property na few years ago, that was an old Victorian building, it had a chimney that had only been partially blocked off, so you couldn't use it and there were crows nesting in it every year.
    around the same time each year, the house would be absolutely inundated by scores of flies for a few days to a week - I guess when the crows left the nest or perhaps some chicks died in the chimney or something.
    it was horrendous.

the most effective way of dealing with them by far was fly paper. it's unsightly but it can clear a load of them in a few days.
    another method I inadvertently found was leaving an open bottle of yoghurt drink in the vicinity, about 20 of the ****ers had gone in and got stuck in there in a few hours
    hang on---are we moving on to murdering crows?

Interesting take though , bit of an aerobic work out to mass extermination ?
    Yeah, I usually get bored and just spray them though, although the very tiny ones don’t seem to be affected by the spray so I yap those

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    hang on---are we moving on to murdering crows?
    no

it was horrendous.

Let them suffocate

Dirty parasitic scum

I find pumping poisonous gas around the house with a fogging machine great for getting rid of flies but not so good for human life.

Here's another thing - spiders. We're told not to harm spiders as they keep away the flies. When do we see spiders? Mid-late autumn when there are no sodding flies about. When the flies are buzzing around during hot summer days, where are the spiders? Nowhere to be seen. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Here's another thing - spiders. We're told not to harm spiders as they keep away the flies. When do we see spiders? Mid-late autumn when there are no sodding flies about. When the flies are buzzing around during hot summer days, where are the spiders? Nowhere to be seen. Bastards.
    Spiders are slow moving useless tossers