+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I do like the look of Etete mind. Has to start next league game.
    A nap.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That's why he's a defender!
    He's a professional footballer. He should be able to do better than that.

Bit more description please lads, when you’re the only source of information, WTF, FFS & Nelson’s shit don’t give much of a clue (except the last one, which I can visualise)

So that's Ng with a red card and Nelson conceding a silly penalty

Denham next week please, Steve

We looked like an unknown quantity today.

Embarrassing!

Morison talks a lot about preparation and game plans. I'd say he failed today.

As certain I was of a loss last weekend, I was that certain of a win today.

F**ked off

I'm honestly ok with the loss - even against a decapitated Reading side - but why did we throw the playing style out the window?

Reality strikes. We (including me) were over the top in our praise of last week's performance and now normal service has returned. Shame. The only consolation is that Nelson won't be playing next week (hopefully).

Re: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

At least I captured this, could be the only time this season D4DEA2F3-49DD-46E6-86C7-F1902D433F47.jpg

We just got worse and worse the longer the game went on. The Championship is a physical battle first and then you might get the chance to play a bit if you’re winning that. We won that battle last week and lost it this week - Reading wanted it more than us as well which is probably the most disappointing aspect of the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We just got worse and worse the longer the game went on. The Championship is a physical battle first and then you might get the chance to play a bit if you’re winning that. We won that battle last week and lost it this week - Reading wanted it more than us as well which is probably the most disappoint aspect of the afternoon.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Reality strikes. We (including me) were over the top in our praise of last week's performance and now normal service has returned. Shame. The only consolation is that Nelson won't be playing next week (hopefully).
    We've moved on from the dire pragmatic football of recent years, shifted a load of [most of the] dead wood, and for that I'm grateful. Not being in a relegation scrap would be an achievement in itself.

Very disappointing today.
    The bottom 3 makes for good reading though 😁

These early games rarely reflect the season long outcome. However one thing is obvious from the first two games is we aren't creating much in front of goal and we are seriously deficient in our striker options. When we bring Harris on, as an option it's goodnight.

I'm officially jumping off the Watters support train.

People got excited last week because we strung a few passes together - a skill other teams do without effort. Apart from a shot which found its way into the net, we didn’t offer a lot. Looks like it was much the same today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    These early games rarely reflect the season long outcome. However one thing is obvious from the first two games is we aren't creating much in front of goal and we are seriously deficient in our striker options. When we bring Harris on, as an option it's goodnight.
    Harris is brought on to play on the last defender, because he does have a bit of pace. Sadly for him and us, he struggles to take the ball with him, lacks composure and is basically thrown on to act as a pain in the arse, like a fly that wont **** off when you're eating a pasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    People got excited last week because we strung a few passes together - a skill other teams do without effort. Apart from a shot which found its way into the net, we didn’t offer a lot. Looks like it was much the same today.
    Wrong. Today we didn't string a few passes together.

Collins didn't get forward nearly as much today either. And a lot more long balls.

Have to think Morison wanted to mix things up and it just didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Harris is brought on to play on the last defender, because he does have a bit of pace. Sadly for him and us, he struggles to take the ball with him, lacks composure and is basically thrown on to act as a pain in the arse, like a fly that wont **** off when you're eating a pasty.
    Still better than Watters. Harris moves.

We will have to give this team time,
    but no way is Watters going to do anything up front sorry. Same goes for Harris.

Disappointing result ,thought wed easily win today , fair play for making the sub's early though and change it

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Still better than Watters. Harris moves.
    Watters doesn't even move his face muscles.