When I saw the teamsheet for our opener against Blackpool my cautious optimism about the season ahead evaporated.
We managed to lose four players to injury in the week leading up to Blackpool in Joao, Hutchinson, Azeez and Tetek. With Moore and Dann already out and Puscas on the verge of leaving and not match fit we had seven out before the opener. Patience is running extremely thin with this after last season’s injury shitshow.

Last week we only had one senior outfield player on the bench in Shane Long and he wasn’t fit enough to start. I dread to think what the side will be v Cardiff as we seem to pick up a lot of injuries in training. New signing Mamouda Loum will be available if fit but Naby Sarr’s signing has yet to be approved by the EFL. So we will be lacking bench options again.

So not optimistic at the moment. I expect a narrow defeat or a 1-1 draw. We should have picked up at least a point v a poor Blackpool side and with Joao playing I expect we would have got a result. Those that are not injured will last the game as fitness levels are decent.