+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

0-4 to City. We are going up as champions this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Nelson may have to start but I am worried. Don’t ask him to play out from the back as Morison is urging them to do.
    Totally agree. Surprised Nelson survived the clear out
    Man's talking to himself here.

Would not start Ralls. Looked way off the pace when he came on last Saturday.
    Nelson may have to start but I am worried. Don’t ask him to play out from the back as Morison is urging them to do.
    I would keep Watters up front but maybe sub him for Ete at HT
    I doubt Ralls will be 1st choice this season, unless as you say he gets sharper, but probably brought on for purely defending 'skills'. Nelson ?Well he can defend for sure, but shows how our squad is perhaps lacking in defensive cover.

New ‘spine’ today ?

Could start McGuinness…Ralls …and Etete today ?
    I assume McGuiness was suspended on Saturday, I think he’ll be one of the first names on the sheet this term.

Re: New ‘spine’ today ?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I assume McGuiness was suspended on Saturday, I think he’ll be one of the first names on the sheet this term.
    I lile you, you are a good poster but there is a matchday thread.

It's my mission to get people to use this board properly

Who would you drop in order to start Ralls?

Ralls looked way off the pace when he came on against Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Who would you drop in order to start Ralls?

Ralls looked way off the pace when he came on against Norwich.
    I didn’t say I would….but he is our captain….and Morrison obviously likes him,

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I lile you, you are a good poster but there is a matchday thread.

It's my mission to get people to use this board properly
    Sorry mate…it won’t happen again !

I'm expecting just the enforced change with Nelson most likely to come in although both he and Kipre favour the left centre back position. It will be interesting to see if that means McGuinness or Denham whether on the bench or starting.

I think McGuiness will be an improvement on the suspended Ng. I'm not so sure Ralls should start considering how effective last week's midfield combination proved to be. I'm hoping Etete plays some part today but I'm guessing it might be from the bench.

I don’t see a place for Ralls if I’m honest, although a big fan of his generally I feel he might have been one to have let go.

He said the Villa lad had to train a few weeks with the team to know how we play so I’m assuming it’s the same sign Etete.

Nelson must be favourite to take over from Ng with McGuinness taking his place on the bench and do any of last week’s midfield deserve to be dropped for Ralls to come in? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris start instead of Watters mind. Presumably, Philogene and Etete will come into the squad, so it may be Whyte and Tanner, or possibly Sang, to drop out.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think McGuiness will be an improvement on the suspended Ng. I'm not so sure Ralls should start considering how effective last week's midfield combination proved to be. I'm hoping Etete plays some part today but I'm guessing it might be from the bench.
    We agree yep I liked last weeks team and would only change due to the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Man's talking to himself here.
    maybe forgot to change username

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nelson must be favourite to take over from Ng with McGuinness taking his place on the bench and do any of last week’s midfield deserve to be dropped for Ralls to come in? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris start instead of Watters mind. Presumably, Philogene and Etete will come into the squad, so it may be Whyte and Tanner, or possibly Sang, to drop out.
    Maybe Watters last chance, I think he will be alright and will score today, knowing that Etete is ready to take over.

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Hopefully Denham replaces NG and I'd start with Etete up front
    I think Watters will start and play well today, Etete will hopefully get 20 mins?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Nowt to do with the woe betide me stuff. It is self inflicted and not bad luck. I’m angry about it. It is unacceptable to have the level of injuries we currently have prior to our first home game. Even the most positive Reading fans are seriously unhappy this morning. This has been ongoing for a long time. We had the worst injury record of all 92 clubs over the past season and here we go again.
    We had loads of injuries with Warnock, I remember last year thinking how few injuries we had in comparison to previous seasons. It must be something to do with the training or fitness levels?

We don't really have many injuries now, so hopefully Morison seems to be doing things right.

I didn’t say I would….but he is our captain….and Morrison obviously likes him,
    You were putting forward a suggestion that Ralls might start. Ralls didn't start against Norwich, therefore, for him to be be in the starting eleven would require one of the midfield players, who did start in our first match, dropping to the bench.
    So, who do you think would be the unfortunate midfielder to have to make way for Ralls? (I feel I'm repeating myself here )

Ralls looked way off the pace when he came on last week when you'd have thought fresh legs time to shine.
    Very much doubt he'll start unless somebody has picked up an injury.

Etete off the bench would seem a good ploy IMHO.
    If things aren't going our way and a different approach needed, I'm sure he would relish the chance to shine.
    Similarly if we are winning, give him some minutes.

McGuinness seems the best option.

anyone know if its on the radio live ?

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    anyone know if its on the radio live ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    thanks i get the swansea game where i am

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    thanks i get the swansea game where i am
    Ah damn! 5 pound for a monthly audio pass on the main website if you're keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You were putting forward a suggestion that Ralls might start. Ralls didn't start against Norwich, therefore, for him to be be in the starting eleven would require one of the midfield players, who did start in our first match, dropping to the bench.
    So, who do you think would be the unfortunate midfielder to have to make way for Ralls? (I feel I'm repeating myself here )

It was just an observation….I hardly know all our players names yet….never mind if they’re any good or not ! I’ll leave it to the manager, he sees them every day

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Ah damn! 5 pound for a monthly audio pass on the main website if you're keen.
    fingers crossed might have found a way on my phone if it stays on this wavelength