+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Disappointing result ,thought wed easily win today , fair play for making the sub's early though and change it
    Unfortunately that’s football. I thought we’d win as well,I had them on my coupon something I never normally do. Kick in the guts that Ince scored as well.

Yeah, Harris might not be the most talented player we have but at least he gives a toss when he plays.

Watters and Nelson playing themselves out of the starting XI, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    People got excited last week because we strung a few passes together - a skill other teams do without effort. Apart from a shot which found its way into the net, we didn’t offer a lot. Looks like it was much the same today.
    And in reality, that's what this season is going to be about - doing what the rest are doing as opposed to what we've done for the past 3 seasons. I'm still of the opinion we'll struggle this season because defensively we have few options, and up front, well - let's be generous in saying it's league 1 standard.

ahhh well! back to the drawing board...we''ll probably be in a relegation fight with Brizzle and the Shitesea

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Disappointing result ,thought wed easily win today , fair play for making the sub's early though and change it
    I'd genuinely love to be as optimistic and confident as some fans. I don't think in any fixture ever have I thought we'd win easily.

Thought today would be tight and probably a draw. Can't say I'm too surprised unfortunately.

Cardiff City manager Steve Morison told BBC Sport Wales:

"We weren't good enough, we got the goal and could have had another one but we didn't do enough today, it was not a good enough performance.

"Last week we were brilliant, this week I can only apologise to the 2,000 odd fans who gave up their Saturday to come and watch us not turn up.

"We're only two games in, there will be a level of inconsistency because things take time... it's a very even league but it is unforgiving, and if you're not at it you will get beat."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62356961

Nobody knows how things are going to pan out, especially with so many new signings etc. I am cautious to say the least. What i have seen has been an improvement, but i don't think that we have enough of a presence in the centre of the pitch in terms of penetrating the opposition. At some point there has to be a player who can carry the ball through the middle and link up play and create things in and around the box, we haven't really got that, it's all about shape when we haven't got the ball and from what i have seen so far, quite predictable movement and passing when we are in possession. It's early days, plenty of time to tweak things etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Cardiff City manager Steve Morison told BBC Sport Wales:

"We weren't good enough, we got the goal and could have had another one but we didn't do enough today, it was not a good enough performance.

"Last week we were brilliant, this week I can only apologise to the 2,000 odd fans who gave up their Saturday to come and watch us not turn up.

"We're only two games in, there will be a level of inconsistency because things take time... it's a very even league but it is unforgiving, and if you're not at it you will get beat."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62356961
    "gave up their Saturday"

Norwich drew at home to Wigan today. They were pretty rubbish last week too. 1 point in 2 games for the 'favourites'. We were garbage today when Wintle was snuffed out. Morison just made subs. Didn't change anything else though. If Wintle is neutralised then we're f*cked. Poor show today.

It's always the same old problem. We can p*ss and moan about the strikers all day long but we can't create the killer pass. We're a graveyard for strikers at the moment. At least Ralls put some decent free kicks in today but he's still pretty meh at everything else on the park. That was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    "gave up their Saturday"
    Haven't you ever owned a day of the week?

I've just seen that he's apologised to our fans. I thinks that's a tad dramatic tbh. Maybe if we'd shipped 3 or 4 but it was a cracking strike for their 2nd and the game wasn't exactly a masterclass from Reading. More of a masterclass from Ince imo in making sure Wintle didn't run the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nobody knows how things are going to pan out, especially with so many new signings etc. I am cautious to say the least. What i have seen has been an improvement, but i don't think that we have enough of a presence in the centre of the pitch in terms of penetrating the opposition. At some point there has to be a player who can carry the ball through the middle and link up play and create things in and around the box, we haven't really got that, it's all about shape when we haven't got the ball and from what i have seen so far, quite predictable movement and passing when we are in possession. It's early days, plenty of time to tweak things etc.
    Is that player Colwill?

The second half was a mess today. No shape and the substitutions made it worse. The midfield two of Ralls and Wintle didn’t work.

Just tickled me, football fans must be the only demographic who are portrayed as or consider themselves heroes for taking part in something they've chosen as a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We just got worse and worse the longer the game went on. The Championship is a physical battle first and then you might get the chance to play a bit if you’re winning that. We won that battle last week and lost it this week - Reading wanted it more than us as well which is probably the most disappointing aspect of the afternoon.
    Spot on.

You can talk all day about changes in tactics, formations, the inclusion of X player or Y player... if you don't win the physical battle first and foremost then you won't get anything. Especially in this league.

That said, Nelson needs to go yesterday. He represents everything we're trying to move away from and he's an utter liability 90% of the time.

Watters is a waste of space, too. I want it to work out for him but he's an absolute passenger. At least Harris tries to make things happen.

Not to put too much pressure on the lad but I think Colwill will make a big difference for us when he comes back.

Let's not forget Davies either.

Just tickled me, football fans must be the only demographic who are portrayed as or consider themselves heroes for taking part in something they've chosen as a hobby
    Yeah, it used to be worse on here as well. People wanting praise because they decided to travel 4hrs to watch the city. Like they're owed something! I should get a round of applause for going to work every day by my reckoning, i ****ing hate it!

I'd love to have that option. I don't even know what day of the week it is most of the time!

Yeah, it used to be worse on here as well. People wanting praise because they decided to travel 4hrs to watch the city. Like they're owed something! I should get a round of applause for going to work every day by my reckoning, i ****ing hate it!
    I want you to know that I appreciate you for going to work and doing flaunching

oh well, at least this can be the end of any nonsense talk of promotion or playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We just got worse and worse the longer the game went on. The Championship is a physical battle first and then you might get the chance to play a bit if you’re winning that. We won that battle last week and lost it this week - Reading wanted it more than us as well which is probably the most disappointing aspect of the afternoon.

And some players such as Nelson and Watters are clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    oh well, at least this can be the end of any nonsense talk of promotion or playoffs
    Saying this kills it is as ridiculous as saying that beating Norwich meant it was on. It's entirely possible we'll make the playoffs, look at Forest last year. Truth is we don't have a clue how this season will play out, we might not lose another game all year

Ok ignore that last bit

Ok ignore that last bit
    best to ignore the whole rant imo

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    best to ignore the whole rant imo
    Rant's a bit strong