+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 228

Thread: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

  1. #41

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    MATCH FACTS

    • Reading lost their last league game against Cardiff in April, having gone 10 games in a row without defeat against them between 2016 and 2021 (W5 D5).
    • Following a 2-1 win at the Madejski Stadium last season, Cardiff are looking to win consecutive away league games against the Royals for the first time since September 2001.
    • Reading have lost their last four league games in a row, failing to score in each defeat. The Royals last lost five consecutive league matches without netting a goal in March 1998.
    • Cardiff have won their last two games in the Championship, despite only attempting a total of six shots across the two (1-0 v Derby and Norwich, three in each).
    • The last time they won three in a row in the league without conceding a goal was in December 2020, under Neil Harris.
    • Cardiff manager Steve Morison is looking to win three consecutive league games for only the second time as Bluebirds boss, while he is looking to register three consecutive league shutouts for the first time.

  2. #42

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Yes, everything points to a 1-0 Reading win. 😥

  3. #43

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    I'd like Denham to replace Ng for this one but I imagine we'll start with Nelson

  4. #44

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Would not start Ralls. Looked way off the pace when he came on last Saturday.
    Nelson may have to start but I am worried. Don’t ask him to play out from the back as Morison is urging them to do.
    I would keep Watters up front but maybe sub him for Ete at HT
    Last edited by DubaiDai; 05-08-22 at 21:29. Reason: Incorrect spelling

  5. #45

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Totally agree. Surprised Nelson survived the clear out

  6. #46

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Same team please drive. With Philogene and Etete coming off the bench

  7. #47

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Same team please drive. With Philogene and Etete coming off the bench
    Ng suspended

  8. #48

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ng suspended

  9. #49

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Hopefully Denham replaces NG and I'd start with Etete up front

  10. #50

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Hopefully Denham replaces NG and I'd start with Etete up front
    I agree with Denham replacing NG. However, I think Morison will feel Etete hasn't had enough time to familiarise himself with the setup yet.

    I can see Philogene getting some game time.

    I would rather Ralls and Nelson were not on the pitch at the same time.

  11. #51

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    0-4 to City. We are going up as champions this season.

  12. #52

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Nelson may have to start but I am worried. Don’t ask him to play out from the back as Morison is urging them to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Totally agree. Surprised Nelson survived the clear out
    Man's talking to himself here.

  13. #53

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Would not start Ralls. Looked way off the pace when he came on last Saturday.
    Nelson may have to start but I am worried. Don’t ask him to play out from the back as Morison is urging them to do.
    I would keep Watters up front but maybe sub him for Ete at HT
    I doubt Ralls will be 1st choice this season, unless as you say he gets sharper, but probably brought on for purely defending 'skills'. Nelson ?Well he can defend for sure, but shows how our squad is perhaps lacking in defensive cover.

  14. #54

    New ‘spine’ today ?

    Could start McGuinness…Ralls …and Etete today ?
    I assume McGuiness was suspended on Saturday, I think he’ll be one of the first names on the sheet this term.

  15. #55

    Re: New ‘spine’ today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Could start McGuinness…Ralls …and Etete today ?
    I assume McGuiness was suspended on Saturday, I think he’ll be one of the first names on the sheet this term.
    I lile you, you are a good poster but there is a matchday thread.

    It's my mission to get people to use this board properly

  16. #56

    Re: New ‘spine’ today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Could start McGuinness…Ralls …and Etete today ?
    I assume McGuiness was suspended on Saturday, I think he’ll be one of the first names on the sheet this term.
    Who would you drop in order to start Ralls?

    Ralls looked way off the pace when he came on against Norwich.

  17. #57

    Re: New ‘spine’ today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Who would you drop in order to start Ralls?

    Ralls looked way off the pace when he came on against Norwich.
    I didn’t say I would….but he is our captain….and Morrison obviously likes him,

  18. #58

    Re: New ‘spine’ today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I lile you, you are a good poster but there is a matchday thread.

    It's my mission to get people to use this board properly
    Sorry mate…it won’t happen again !

  19. #59

    Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    I'm expecting just the enforced change with Nelson most likely to come in although both he and Kipre favour the left centre back position. It will be interesting to see if that means McGuinness or Denham whether on the bench or starting.

  20. #60

    Re: New ‘spine’ today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Could start McGuinness…Ralls …and Etete today ?
    I assume McGuiness was suspended on Saturday, I think he’ll be one of the first names on the sheet this term.
    I think McGuiness will be an improvement on the suspended Ng. I'm not so sure Ralls should start considering how effective last week's midfield combination proved to be. I'm hoping Etete plays some part today but I'm guessing it might be from the bench.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •