+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kion Etete - NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED

Re: Kion Etete- Spurs striker

Just call me " iN tHe KnOw " lads

In all seriousness, Alex Crook is a dependable source- one of Talksport's actual decent heads. Looks decent at half a mil and they clearly rate him to insert a buyback clause. Very happy.

Etete incoming?

WOL reporting he's coming for a medical, half a mil with a buy-back clause.

Apologies, just noticed it's been added on the other thread

Re: Etete incoming?

There is a ****ing thread below this one. What is your game!!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Football of course 😁

Hopefully the buy-back clause isn't too low.

We all know how tough it is to land good strikers at this level so hopefully Etete is what we need. Would be interested to know who else was in for him.

Looking forward to Reading even more now. Welcome to the mad House.

International

Great news, we all know we needed a Striker, and Morison will know how to use him, fingers crossed he should be ready for Saturday!

pleased by this move - assuming we get it over the line. can see us bringing in an older experienced striker as well to help bring him through

Damn they quick on Wikipedia, someone already put on there that he plays for us

Got to be some jiggery pokery we can do to avoid the buy back

Sell to a sister club with a buy back?

Reminds me of the shithousery we did with the Gabbs and Collins double sale to avoid sell on fee IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Reminds me of the shithousery we did with the Gabbs and Collins double sale to avoid sell on fee IIRC
    Hoping it's not stupidly low, good strikers usually cost a lot of money so even if it was 5 or 6 mil, that would still be low even if it is a healthy profit to some extent.

It feels more like a long-term loan than a purchase when unknown buy-back fees are involved!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I guess Etete would need to agree to being bought back, and considering he'd be miles off a starting spot for spurs it might not be in his interest to go back.

anyway, let's wait until we actually sign him first

Does he only use his tete, or is he good with the ball at his feet aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Hoping it's not stupidly low, good strikers usually cost a lot of money so even if it was 5 or 6 mil, that would still be low even if it is a healthy profit to some extent.

It feels more like a long-term loan than a purchase when unknown buy-back fees are involved!
    I've seen it speculated previously that clubs might start to structure deals like this to get around the limits on numbers of loans

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've seen it speculated previously that clubs might start to structure deals like this to get around the limits on numbers of loans
    That's a good point thinking about it, I guess it's a win for them, and hopefully us if the deal is a good one for us.

International

Didn't City try to do something similar a few years ago?
    Buy a player on the cheap but agree with the selling club to play a full 'release' addition if we got promoted and sell back if we didn't.
    I seem to remember VT threatening to go to court for restriction of trade or something when the league stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Didn't City try to do something similar a few years ago?
    Buy a player on the cheap but agree with the selling club to play a full 'release' addition if we got promoted and sell back if we didn't.
    I seem to remember VT threatening to go to court for restriction of trade or something when the league stopped it.
    My memory is failing me, but I think it was in the very early Eighties we signed a guy (who’s name I forget), from an American club (I think it was… or maybe Canadian), for a club record fee of about £300,000 (or something like that).
    He was very skilful (I do remember that 🤭), but we sold him back to the American/Canadian club for exactly the amount we paid for him (£300k?) after about a month (or 2), having played a handful of games.
    Or I could be mistaken 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    pleased by this move - assuming we get it over the line.
    Hopefully the club can get it over the line, get another body in the building and the player wants to be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    My memory is failing me, but I think it was in the very early Eighties we signed a guy (who’s name I forget), from an American club (I think it was… or maybe Canadian), for a club record fee of about £300,000 (or something like that).
    He was very skilful (I do remember that 🤭), but we sold him back to the American/Canadian club for exactly the amount we paid for him (£300k?) after about a month (or 2), having played a handful of games.
    Or I could be mistaken 🤣
    Godfrey Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    He was very skilful (I do remember that ��), but we sold him back to the American/Canadian club for exactly the amount we paid for him (£300k?) after about a month (or 2), having played a handful of games.
    Or I could be mistaken ��
    Godfrey Ingram.

And the Rothmans Football Yearbook had Ingram down as our record signing until Sam Hammam’s spending spree nearly twenty years later I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Actually, it’s above this one………….oh sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A later Tweet from the same man says Spurs have insisted on inserting a buy back clause in the deal for a player they still rate a lot - sounds good, but it could mean if he does well, we may have to lose him for a relatively small fee.
    I see it as good news that they rate him highly enough to insist on a buy back clause.

Unless it's just a creative way to play the loan system.

If we sign another striker on loan that'll be 3 loans (Philogene and Kipre the other 2)...we're allowed 5 so would that mean another 2 opportune signings on deadline day?

Another CB and winger and we would have some real strength in depth then
    Also we can move a couple out on loan