+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kion Etete - NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED

Re: Kion Etete- Spurs striker

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I see it as good news that they rate him highly enough to insist on a buy back clause.

Unless it's just a creative way to play the loan system.

If we sign another striker on loan that'll be 3 loans (Philogene and Kipre the other 2)...we're allowed 5 so would that mean another 2 opportune signings on deadline day?
    I suppose if he comes here and plays to a standard that means Spurs want him back then we’re definitely going to benefit on the pitch, even if we are unlikely to be able to do so in terms of value for money when he leaves.

As for loans, we were told that the plan was to use all five of them, but I’d been assuming that had died a death because we have made so many permanent signings.

We'll probably keep 2 loan slots for January in case of injuries to key players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Haha, the new LFW, 50 pence head

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I see it as good news that they rate him highly enough to insist on a buy back clause.

Unless it's just a creative way to play the loan system.

If we sign another striker on loan that'll be 3 loans (Philogene and Kipre the other 2)...we're allowed 5 so would that mean another 2 opportune signings on deadline day?
    Cardiff can purchase a player that they otherwise may not have been able to acquire had it not been for the clause. In addition, the buyback figure is usually significantly higher than the original transfer fee.

https://www.danielgeey.com/post/foot...ses-explained/

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Cardiff can purchase a player that they otherwise may not have been able to acquire had it not been for the clause. In addition, the buyback figure is usually significantly higher than the original transfer fee.

Thanks for that - I was wondering how they worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Thanks for that - I was wondering how they worked.
    Appears a good piece of business from City to me based on that article.

Thanks, informative read that.

Is the buy back clause that relevant? Wouldn't such a clause depend on the player agreeing to return? And why would a player getting regular first team football go back to a club where he stands little or no chance of playing in the first team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Godfrey Ingram.
    A very curious ‘transfer’ all round especially when you consider that the club was skint at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Is the buy back clause that relevant? Wouldn't such a clause depend on the player agreeing to return? And why would a player getting regular first team football go back to a club where he stands little or no chance of playing in the first team?
    The way i see it is that if he plays well for us and attracts interest from another club, then we will get a fee for selling him back to Spurs before he is sold on at a higher price tothe interested club.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    WOL on the ball as always.
    Apart from getting his height wrong?

Isn't he 6ft 6in tall?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A very curious ‘transfer’ all round especially when you consider that the club was skint at the time.
    You considered the club was skint at the time, they obviously didn't!

Thanks. Very interesting. The devil is in the detail (and we won't be told the detail)!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...citys-14145627

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The way i see it is that if he plays well for us and attracts interest from another club, then we will get a fee for selling him back to Spurs before he is sold on at a higher price tothe interested club.
    Isn’t it what happened with Morata

How do you pronounce his name.

Absolutely crucial for chants

If he's anything like the player in the clip that Glen Williams (WoL) has posted, he'll do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    If he's anything like the player in the clip that Glen Williams (WoL) has posted, he'll do nicely.
    I’ll second that.

https://twitter.com/tobeyisginger/st...BAofxgn9a4fXFA

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Is accuracy important? For Gary Madine pronunciation didn't matter. It's actually pronounced dine not deen.

He also wasn't a goal machine

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What strikes me about that compilation is how strong he seems but so how unselfish he is

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hopefully the club can get it over the line, get another body in the building and the player wants to be a part of it.
    You missed the bit about him being excited and how we should be too

Part of me really hopes that SM reads board like these sees what he gets picked up on and then keeps doing it just for the fun of it

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    What strikes me about that compilation is how strong he seems but so how unselfish he is
    Agreed, he’s quick as well. Lovely through ball from the halfway line towards the end of the video.

strong and quick should give us a bit more "presence" up front.
    doesn't matter if he's not that good in the air at this stage of the career if he can use his strength. excited to see him for us.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Key-on

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I think it's more the fact that a top club - Spurs - rate him highly enough that they want one put in there. They'll probably never invoke it, but they must see enough potential there to include one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    That was my first thought, too. Obviously highlight reels are often misleading, but his link up play looks really good. If he gets runners going beyond him should have some joy with this lad.