+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey to Nice..Bale to LA..

Ramsey to Nice..Bale to LA..

They're not stupid are they?
    In my mind they'll both be injured for the World Cup...if I'm wrong I'll e happy.

Re: Ramsey to Nice..Bale to LA..

If they are they’ll regret it big time, so will probably protect themselves.

out of the two I think I'd prefer Nice, although there are obviously some very nice places near to LA as well (just not LA itself)

Think Scmichael may also be heading to Nice from Leicester.

They both need to play somewhere. And they’re at risk of getting injured anywhere they go.

The MLS seems to be played at a snails pace compared to the Top 5 leagues and I can imagine Bale can play well enough without needing to get into 5th gear.

Nice have a stacked midfield so Ramsey will be a rotational player and their European games are in the conference league so in theory less intense than if he went to a CL club.

Watched Rooneys DC United the other night

They won 2-1 with goals in injury time

I think Mark Harris would get 20 goals out there the standard of defending was shocking. The pace was pretty good as was the physicality - I think Bale will be fine as he won't need to over exert himself

One thing is for sure he has gone out there to retire nothing else
    2 years of that and he will be gone

Nice is a lovely city good luck to Ramsey - a very good move for him and Wales

Nice is owned by that Brexit supporting INEOS guy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    They're not stupid are they?
    In my mind they'll both be injured for the World Cup...if I'm wrong I'll e happy.
    Bale will be injured for sure, Ramsey will be good, it's really nice there!

Who cares? They’ve both turned down the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    there's a world cup
    this winter

When did Ramsey turn down an offer from Cardiff? I must have missed that.

Bales Alice band will fall out when he gets to America , his hair will be messy and he clearly won't be able to play for at least 6 months , thus missing the world Cup

Looks like we dodged a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there's a world cup
    this winter
    That poster loves to let us know that they don't care about the Welsh side at each opportunity, which is an odd position for a supporter of a Welsh football club

there's a world cup this winter
    Ampadu on the move too?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That poster loves to let us know that they don't care about the Welsh side at each opportunity, which is an odd position for a supporter of a Welsh football club
    Your observation is partly correct.
    It is just that the City is way more important to me than our national side.
    Wales are by far and away my favourite international team (being born and brought up in Cardiff). But the City are my “bread and butter” team, so to speak.
    This being a City forum, my expectation would be that many of you would agree with my preference of City over Wales.
    Nonetheless, Come on both the City and Wales - strictly in that order!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ampadu on the move too?
    seems to be Spezia

seems to be Spezia
    It seems all the Welsh players are looking for game time ahead of the world cup, I wonder if a memo was sent out?

Wales are by far and away my favourite international team (being born and brought up in Cardiff). But the City are my “bread and butter” team, so to speak.
    This being a City forum, my expectation would be that many of you would agree with my preference of City over Wales.
    I can't be doing with all these proud taffies supporting Wales then waiting for the following Saturday to cheer on Liverpool, united etc

Club every time for me , country second

Correct, Sludge.

So when did Ramsey turn down City? You seem to have swerved the question.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bales Alice band will fall out when he gets to America , his hair will be messy and he clearly won't be able to play for at least 6 months , thus missing the world Cup

Looks like we dodged a bullet
    When he gets to America?
    He's already scored a goal.

...all those ***** trooping out to sea

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So when did Ramsey turn down City? You seem to have swerved the question.
    Did Stanmore Bluebird mean that literally to be fair?

Side Note: I'm not directing the next part of my post to you TLG I'm just throwing some stuff out there.

I do think there are lots of inconsistencies though and I've made it no secret that I don't, personally, like the fact that we push our 'Welsh' credentials so vociferously whilst playing in the English Football League. Same goes for Swansea, Newport and (almost) Wrexham. I know the history well enough, but there are huge contradictions in 2022 when it comes to Cardiff City's Welshness from a football perspective.

To me, Cardiff City and the Wales football team aren't connected other than by geography. Sure, we play our home internationals at the CSS even though The Principality Stadium has hosted an FA Cup Final and Champions League Final. It gets more complicated with the FAW and Cymru Premier thrown into the mix (TNS and Europe being an example).

In fact we had a thread recently taking the p*ss out of TNS's performance.

Kieffer Moore couldn't wait to get shot of us as soon as the PL became a prospect. Not many Wales players opt to play for Welsh clubs. Neither Bale nor Ramsey have decided to play for a Welsh club even though Wales have qualified for their first WC since 1958 and they needed 'game time'. Joe Allen, in fairness, is back at Swansea. Even Joe Ledley played for County just before his retirement (there were many fans who didn't want him here).

Bellamy is the only one who stands out for me.

I often wonder what English players playing for us really feel about it and whether it's really confusing? Would we be proud if a Cardiff City player was selected for England?

I'm expecting a 1000 word essay from everyone by Friday please and to be flamed!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Did Stanmore Bluebird mean that literally to be fair?

Side Note: I'm not directing the next part of my post to you TLG I'm just throwing some stuff out there.

I do think there are lots of inconsistencies though and I've made it no secret that I don't, personally, like the fact that we push our 'Welsh' credentials so vociferously whilst playing in the English Football League. Same goes for Swansea, Newport and (almost) Wrexham. I know the history well enough, but there are huge contradictions in 2022 when it comes to Cardiff City's Welshness from a football perspective.

To me, Cardiff City and the Wales football team aren't connected other than by geography. Sure, we play our home internationals at the CSS even though The Principality Stadium has hosted an FA Cup Final and Champions League Final. It gets more complicated with the FAW and Cymru Premier thrown into the mix (TNS and Europe being an example).

In fact we had a thread recently taking the p*ss out of TNS's performance.

Kieffer Moore couldn't wait to get shot of us as soon as the PL became a prospect. Not many Wales players opt to play for Welsh clubs. Neither Bale nor Ramsey have decided to play for a Welsh club even though Wales have qualified for their first WC since 1958 and they needed 'game time'. Joe Allen, in fairness, is back at Swansea. Even Joe Ledley played for County just before his retirement (there were many fans who didn't want him here).

Bellamy is the only one who stands out for me.

I often wonder what English players playing for us really feel about it and whether it's really confusing? Would we be proud if a Cardiff City player was selected for England?

I'm expecting a 1000 word essay from everyone by Friday please and to be flamed!
    Bothroyd was selected for England whilst with us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bothroyd was selected for England whilst with us.
    I'd forgotten about that. Was great to see and hear him on Saturday. Thought he still looked fit enough to play 15 mins for us (and score!).

So you came into the thread just to say "who cares"

What a waste of time