Re: Ramsey to Nice..Bale to LA..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So you came into the thread just to say "who cares"

What a waste of time
    Mr Grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    seems to be Spezia
    Leicester City is the latest rumour, which would be a very good move for him. Decent players. a great manager, and Danny Ward already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Leicester City is the latest rumour, which would be a very good move for him. Decent players. a great manager, and Danny Ward already there.
    Danny Ward is the No 1 keeper at Leicester now that Schmicael’s gone, which can only be good for Wales and the WC.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Danny Ward is the No 1 keeper at Leicester now that Schmicael’s gone, which can only be good for Wales and the WC.gbwls
    Talk of Fofana going to Chelsea for 80+ million or something stupid. Zero international experience, and Leicester would be more than doubling their money on a player who has just come back from a broken leg. Chelsea are a basket case of a club, Lukaku, Werner, the list goes on and on.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Did Stanmore Bluebird mean that literally to be fair?

Side Note: I'm not directing the next part of my post to you TLG I'm just throwing some stuff out there.

I do think there are lots of inconsistencies though and I've made it no secret that I don't, personally, like the fact that we push our 'Welsh' credentials so vociferously whilst playing in the English Football League. Same goes for Swansea, Newport and (almost) Wrexham. I know the history well enough, but there are huge contradictions in 2022 when it comes to Cardiff City's Welshness from a football perspective.

To me, Cardiff City and the Wales football team aren't connected other than by geography. Sure, we play our home internationals at the CSS even though The Principality Stadium has hosted an FA Cup Final and Champions League Final. It gets more complicated with the FAW and Cymru Premier thrown into the mix (TNS and Europe being an example).

In fact we had a thread recently taking the p*ss out of TNS's performance.

Kieffer Moore couldn't wait to get shot of us as soon as the PL became a prospect. Not many Wales players opt to play for Welsh clubs. Neither Bale nor Ramsey have decided to play for a Welsh club even though Wales have qualified for their first WC since 1958 and they needed 'game time'. Joe Allen, in fairness, is back at Swansea. Even Joe Ledley played for County just before his retirement (there were many fans who didn't want him here).

Bellamy is the only one who stands out for me.

I often wonder what English players playing for us really feel about it and whether it's really confusing? Would we be proud if a Cardiff City player was selected for England?

I'm expecting a 1000 word essay from everyone by Friday please and to be flamed!

Not entirely sure that most players give it a second thought as game time/money/ are quite possibly the main attractions.

A couple of years ago I seem to recall some overseas players turning down offers because families wanted to be close to London / hated the weather in the NW & NE of England but English players would be used to anything South Wales could rain upon them and the Lamborghini could get them to Bond Street promptly.

On a player getting picked for England the reaction here was pretty positive when Jay B got his cap and plenty of posters used to question why Witts never got looked at. On that non scientific basis I would say that the reaction , even amongst the ABE crowd, would be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Did Stanmore Bluebird mean that literally to be fair?
    Well, when he said "They’ve both turned down the City," I assumed he meant they've both turned down City. Call me a madman, but that's how I interpreted it.