+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trust Truss ? Christ no

Trust Truss ? Christ no

She's as bad as the last clown

Last night announces plans to pay civil servants more in the south than in the North

Word gets out its a very bad move

She comes on tv and says it was a mistake by one of her staff and its not happening

🤣

This woman is going to be running the country in a few months ! And the Tories who will put her there just brush bare faced lies like this off as if they didn't happen 🙄

Switch off the lights ! Clear the area !

Re: Trust Truss ? Christ no

Although their public personalities are completely different, there are plenty of reasons why Truss is being called the Johnson continuity candidate - announcing daft policies one day and having to row back from them the next, while usually blaming someone else, following an outcry within their own party being a case in point.

'What if...."

Two words that politicians never ask when introducing new policies. In any sphere of business/commerce from multi-nationals to small shops, you always follow up on a new idea by seeing what could go wrong, what could be the unintended consequences. Essentially trying to find any fault or flaw in the argument.

They're just not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'What if...."

Two words that politicians never ask when introducing new policies. In any sphere of business/commerce from multi-nationals to small shops, you always follow up on a new idea by seeing what could go wrong, what could be the unintended consequences. Essentially trying to find any fault or flaw in the argument.

They're just not very bright.
    Quite true and in fairness that applies to politicians of all hues.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although their public personalities are completely different, there are plenty of reasons why Truss is being called the Johnson continuity candidate - announcing daft policies one day and having to row back from them the next, while usually blaming someone else, following an outcry within their own party being a case in point.
    Comparing Truss to Boris is madness. No clue. You really need to stop believing mad takes on Twitter. Truss is a mathematical mind and clearly more dilligent than Boris. She's also further to the right than Boris fiscally. She's a Thatcher rite from what i gather.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Quite true and in fairness that applies to politicians of all hues.
    Oh yes ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh yes ..
    Nancy Pelosi showed that today. I used to have respect for her but she's shredded that today. I detest the way politicians bury their principles to satisfy selfish interest. Not all do it but alarmingly a majority do. It sours democracy.

Nancy Pelosi showed that today. I used to have respect for her but she's shredded that today. I detest the way politicians bury their principles to satisfy selfish interest. Not all do it but alarmingly a majority do. It sours democracy.
    why focus on her...does she have any influence on your life ?
    Try to concentrate on the political system in your local area.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh yes ..
    Oh no, the Conservative Party since Johnson became leader has had a brain fade whereby “cakeism” (the ability to have your cake and eat it) has become the norm - it’s fairytale stuff from the so called party of economic competence.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    why focus on her...does she have any influence on your life ?
    Try to concentrate on the political system in your local area.
    Don't be ridiculous she's got influence in ALL our lives. Try to stop falling asleep at the back of the class 👍

Don't be ridiculous she's got influence in ALL our lives. Try to stop falling asleep at the back of the class ��
    I'm wide awake mate...looking forward to seeing another fecking hung parliament here in Sweden.
    Pelosi has had no impact on my life. And if she's influencing yours then you are in the wrong country

Oh no, the Conservative Party since Johnson became leader has had a brain fade whereby “cakeism” (the ability to have your cake and eat it) has become the norm - it’s fairytale stuff from the so called party of economic competence.
    fairy cakeism

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    fairy cakeism
    i like cheesecake...not a big fan of the flan

By the way that Stewart Lee clip on the Twitter feed was genius. I hadn't seen it before. Well done Stewart.

"Wokeism", which is a shit term and not easy to define is a pretty minor drain on resources, but it does frustrate people when times are tight and services are cut and dozens of jobs are created for a variety of reasons that many question the benefit of. There is also, like most of the identity politics stuff, quite a lot of division that can occur from it.

Stonewall is the classic example, who created a workplace equality index (very 2020's) and ranked companies, but part of the ranking was assessed on signing up to a programme that Stonewall provided and were handsomely rewarded for.

It's a bit of a scam really. It's all overblown, but there's a pseudo religious element to a lot of the 'woke' stuff that isn't very open minded and has ingrained itself a little too much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    "Wokeism", which is a shit term and not easy to define is a pretty minor drain on resources, but it does frustrate people when times are tight and services are cut and dozens of jobs are created for a variety of reasons that many question the benefit of. There is also, like most of the identity politics stuff, quite a lot of division that can occur from it.

Stonewall is the classic example, who created a workplace equality index (very 2020's) and ranked companies, but part of the ranking was assessed on signing up to a programme that Stonewall provided and were handsomely rewarded for.

It's a bit of a scam really. It's all overblown, but there's a pseudo religious element to a lot of the 'woke' stuff that isn't very open minded and has ingrained itself a little too much IMO.
    The country is reeling under news that the average family will have to pay a predicted £4.1k a year come January for their gas and electric, we’ve got inflation at a forty year high and predicted to rise to 15 per cent next year, the economy shrank bu 0.1 per cent between April and June, so the expected recession is looking to be an inevitability and wages are losing even more ground on prices and the Prime Minister presumptive thinks the most important thing to talk about is alleged anti Semitism in the Civil Service - as I said, mad.

The country is reeling under news that the average family will have to pay a predicted £4.1k a year come January for their gas and electric, we’ve got inflation at a forty year high and predicted to rise to 15 per cent next year, the economy shrank bu 0.1 per cent between April and June, so the expected recession is looking to be an inevitability and wages are losing even more ground on prices and the Prime Minister presumptive thinks the most important thing to talk about is alleged anti Semitism in the Civil Service - as I said, mad.
    OH and you forgot the deep state...could he be talking about Essex...or Sussex?

She loves the limelight , her showboating with Trump was just as much about her ego , than hating or dealing with the orange man

I agree with you, but by the same token, whilst that is going on, you have been keener than most to talk about the prime minister eating cake.

Or equally, with all that going on, the most popular thread at the moment on CCMB is some bloke calling someone who isn't gay a gay slur out of their earshot.

There are always bigger issues, but it doesn't mean other things can't be talked about and in fairness, it was you who brought it up here.

I agree with you, but by the same token, whilst that is going on, you have been keener than most to talk about the prime minister eating cake.

Or equally, with all that going on, the most popular thread at the moment on CCMB is some bloke calling someone who isn't gay a gay slur out of their earshot.

There are always bigger issues, but it doesn't mean other things can't be talked about and in fairness, it was you who brought it up here.
    hook line and sinker

blimey, you are fully bought in. I am actually surprised James.