Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
I get what you're saying. I don't want you or anyone else to think I have any sympathy for Putin and that I don't understand his background or ruthlessness. Neither do I think he is stupid. I think he's been many steps ahead of the West for far too long. It's shocking to discover just how much Russian influence there has been and the use of fake news and troll farming has been known for some time. We can't abdicate our responsibility in allowing him to become bolder and feel stronger to the point where he brazenly invaded Ukraine..

I'm not a pacifist. I'm very willing to fight for what I believe in. Neither am I entrenched in a polar opposite view and am swayed by intelligent debators like yourself to adjust my thinking and adapt to complexities. I don't post simply to take a contrary view, as you know, and I'm deeply appreciative of considered responses and views of people like your good self.
You're not a bad egg, old fruit.

By the way, listen to this podcast series about how the UK and its dependencies effectively aided Russian oligarchs et al to launder money...... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017t8j