+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't take anymore!

Re: I can't take anymore!

I've never had a dog and i don't possess any experience of canines whatsoever.
    my advice! get rid of it ....the wife i mean, the dog seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The above reminded me of an incident that happened when I and what was then my partner returned home after a holiday. She was someone who believed in clairvoyants and the 'spirituality' whereas I have always tended to consider psychology and rationality in the first instance.
    We arrived back in the 400-year-old house we had (and which oozed history) and she went indoors as I parked the cars and extracted out suitcases. She came running out of the house and saying that she didn't want to go back in. She uttered something about roses as I brushed passed her and entered the kitchen.
    The dried roses that had been delicately placed in bunches on the top of the kitchen cabinets were arrange in what seemed to be a perfect circle on the ground and with all the 'flower ends' in the centre and the stalks radiating in a 360 degree circle. As I tried to settle her down and tell her that there must be a rational explanation I was starting to feel unsettled myself. Even if someone had broken in it would have been a pretty weird thing to do.
    I searched the house and the rational explanation unfolded: a blackbird had descended our chimney in the lounge, flown around the kitchen and knocking the roses onto the floor, flew around the house in search of an escape route and eventually died upstairs.
    That's brilliant. I think that I would have been freaked out by that as well, it's the stuff of 'Tales of the unexpected ' . Wow! You with a clairvoyant enthusiastic, those conversations would've been entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Did you know you were being filmed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBAJYEpFpE
    That is one of my Top 10 film clips ever. Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's brilliant. I think that I would have been freaked out by that as well, it's the stuff of 'Tales of the unexpected ' . Wow! You with a clairvoyant enthusiastic, those conversations would've been entertaining!
    Talking of clairvoyants..... and this is true..... I once had an internet date with one such lady. Although irrelevant to this anecdote, she had red hair (orange really but the term 'orange' didn't exist in medieval England: so hair, and the breasts of robins and deer were described as 'red' at the time and which has stuck), she wore orange lipstick, orange earrings, an orange necklace and a white dress with large orange flowers on it. As we concluded the date she actually asked me if we were going to see each other again!
    The answer was no, if you hadn't guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Your wife maybe correct. Years ago we had a dog that would get up and walk embarrassingly out of the room if it farted.
    My mother in law does that!

[QUOTE=Taunton Blue Genie;5328755]The above reminded me of an incident that happened when I and what was then my partner returned home after a holiday. She was someone who believed in clairvoyants and the 'spirituality' whereas I have always tended to consider psychology and rationality in the first instance.
    We arrived back in the 400-year-old house we had (and which oozed history) and she went indoors as I parked the cars and extracted out suitcases. She came running out of the house and saying that she didn't want to go back in. She uttered something about roses as I brushed passed her and entered the kitchen.
    The dried roses that had been delicately placed in bunches on the top of the kitchen cabinets were arrange in what seemed to be a perfect circle on the ground and with all the 'flower ends' in the centre and the stalks radiating in a 360 degree circle. As I tried to settle her down and tell her that there must be a rational explanation I was starting to feel unsettled myself. Even if someone had broken in it would have been a pretty weird thing to do.
    I searched the house and the rational explanation unfolded: a blackbird had descended our chimney in the lounge, flown around the kitchen and knocking the roses onto the floor, flew around the house in search of an escape route and eventually died upstairs.[/QUOTE

Talking of clairvoyants..... and this is true..... I once had an internet date with one such lady. Although irrelevant to this anecdote, she had red hair (orange really but the term 'orange' didn't exist in medieval England: so hair, and the breasts of robins and deer were described as 'red' at the time and which has stuck), she wore orange lipstick, orange earrings, an orange necklace and a white dress with large orange flowers on it. As we concluded the date she actually asked me if we were going to see each other again!
    The answer was no, if you hadn't guessed.
    I wonder if she supported Blackpool? I consider myself lucky that i have never really been on the dating scene. Got married young to a girl that i met in school, we've stayed together. I only say lucky because i don't think that i would be very good with the ladies, or on dates, etc. In fact, the thought of it scares me. What do you talk about? Does it get easier the more a person does it? I have always wondered how i would've got on if i hadn't married at a young age and had my kids quite early in my relationship, in terms of meeting another person etc. This could actually be a thread by itself.

The above reminded me of an incident that happened when I and what was then my partner returned home after a holiday. She was someone who believed in clairvoyants and the 'spirituality' whereas I have always tended to consider psychology and rationality in the first instance.
    I searched the house and the rational explanation unfolded: a blackbird had descended our chimney in the lounge, flown around the kitchen and knocking the roses onto the floor, flew around the house in search of an escape route and eventually died upstairs.
    Even stranger how the only flower arranging Blackbird in history flew into a kitchen where their were dried flowers !!
    The odds of them landing like that must be astronomical !

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Even stranger how the only flower arranging Blackbird in history flew into a kitchen where their were dried flowers ��
    Even the wildlife is more cultured in TBG's neck of the woods

International

What with the shit and the bird I think maybe your wife and the dog may be gaslighting you.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What with the shit and the bird I think maybe your wife and the dog may be gaslighting you.

We had to have our eldest put to sleep in the early hours this morning.
    She was almost 16 and had a good life despite being blind for the last 8 years.

I'm so Heartbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    We had to have our eldest put to sleep in the early hours this morning.
    She was almost 16 and had a good life despite being blind for the last 8 years.

I'm so Heartbroken.
    Horrible mate, i'm not an emotional person, but my dogs mean the world to me, both past and present, what they do for my mental health is better than any pill. You have my sympathies. Do something nice for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Horrible mate, i'm not an emotional person, but my dogs mean the world to me, both past and present, what they do for my mental health is better than any pill. You have my sympathies. Do something nice for yourself
    Thank You Tuerto, it means a lot.
    I feel lost and helpless at the moment just hugging the other geriatric one.

A new power tool is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Thank You Tuerto, it means a lot.
    I feel lost and helpless at the moment just hugging the other geriatric one.

A new power tool is on the way!
    My last dog died in my arms out the back garden. was sort of pleased because we were on our way to the vet to have him put to sleep. It finished me off for a good while. Do something nice mate, even if it's a walk to get your head together.