+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I can't take anymore!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I can't take anymore!

Shit! Maybe she was right. Best delete this thread, she may see it. I spent a good hour taking the piss out of her yesterday about it as well. Even told the neighbours! My wife is absolute gold though. A few months back she came running up stairs to tell me that a bird had flown into the kitchen, through the window, and died. I went down stairs to investigate and found that it was a plastic ornamental owl that had blown off the window sill due to the window being open. She even bought it herself and placed it there. Maybe the joke is on me!

Re: I can't take anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Shit! Maybe she was right. Best delete this thread, she may see it. I spent a good hour taking the piss out of her yesterday about it as well. Even told the neighbours! My wife is absolute gold though. A few months back she came running up stairs to tell me that a bird had flown into the kitchen, through the window, and died. I went down stairs to investigate and found that it was a plastic ornamental owl that had blown off the window sill due to the window being open. She even bought it herself and placed it there. Maybe the joke is on me!
    The above reminded me of an incident that happened when I and what was then my partner returned home after a holiday. She was someone who believed in clairvoyants and the 'spirituality' whereas I have always tended to consider psychology and rationality in the first instance.
    We arrived back in the 400-year-old house we had (and which oozed history) and she went indoors as I parked the cars and extracted out suitcases. She came running out of the house and saying that she didn't want to go back in. She uttered something about roses as I brushed passed her and entered the kitchen.
    The dried roses that had been delicately placed in bunches on the top of the kitchen cabinets were arrange in what seemed to be a perfect circle on the ground and with all the 'flower ends' in the centre and the stalks radiating in a 360 degree circle. As I tried to settle her down and tell her that there must be a rational explanation I was starting to feel unsettled myself. Even if someone had broken in it would have been a pretty weird thing to do.
    I searched the house and the rational explanation unfolded: a blackbird had descended our chimney in the lounge, flown around the kitchen and knocking the roses onto the floor, flew around the house in search of an escape route and eventually died upstairs.