+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Predictions Thread

Re: The Official Predictions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Organ Maudling is probably chuckling to himself regarding our responses. He surely can't believe his own message board rhetoric after his repeated, humiliating failures on here. He is either a wind-up merchant or an incredible fruit cake.
    Typo fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    That lonely tin of marrowfat peas you have is past its best before date.
    Do you have any response to the screenshots I posted? Or are you going to refuse because I haven't satisfied your condition regarding my having to read yet other tosh you have espoused but which I didn't look into?

If you believe your own rhetoric a non-response has no logic and comes over as downright silly.

I'm almost starting to think that you don't respond because you don't have an answer.

Crikey, I'll have to have another look through those 1,294 adverse reactions Pfizer noted among its Covid vaccine trial participants to check whether chronic forgetfulness is among them because I addressed what you're droning on about just yesterday. I suggest you refer to that reply.

I hate to see friendships crumble like this

Crikey, I'll have to have another look through those 1,294 adverse reactions Pfizer noted among its Covid vaccine trial participants to check whether chronic forgetfulness is among them because I addressed what you're droning on about just yesterday. I suggest you refer to that reply.
    That's pretty feeble, old fruit. The rest of us have seen your catalogue of failed predictions and your record speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I hate to see friendships crumble like this
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt for weeks then months for why he didn't have the grace to answer my queries. He was busy doing laps round the world on an aircraft was one excuse.

I suspect he's quietly going gaga.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for weeks then months for why he didn't have the grace to answer my queries. He was busy doing laps round the world on an aircraft was one excuse.

I suspect he's quietly going gaga.
    Your queries related to questions about other content you wanted me to read, n'est pas?

This one's an easy prediction: all resident Teltetubbies will fail to correctly identify the cause of the European die off. Faked bafflement, as always, will prevail.

Jon1959: I haven't the foggiest.

Delmbox: What could it be? Search me.

Taunton Blue Meanie: It's a real puzzler.

Lardy: They fell down the stairs, or tripped over the cat. Obvious, innit.

No doubt we've all been wondering what the August deaths figure would be:

Excess mortality in the EU fell to +12% in August 2022 compared with the peak of +16% recorded in July, which was the highest value on record to date in 2022 and unusually high for the month of July. This comes after both May and June 2022 recorded +7% of the average number of deaths for the same period in 2016-2019.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/pr...ddn-20221014-1

Looks like those of us who noticed that the spike occurred when there were record breaking high temperatures might just have been correct.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Looks like those of us who noticed that the spike occurred when there were record breaking high temperatures might just have been correct.
    I hope this is not another one of your Russia Collusion moments

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    But why such a spike in July? Vaccine administration has been widespread and ongoing for 18+ months and countries have been using different batches at different rates all over Europe.
    Millions received doses in March 2021, August 2021, December 2021, February 2022 and every month in between and more. If it's vaccine related why would the spike only occur in July? You would expect to see a continuous rise in excess deaths in line with the vaccination rates.
    Considering the similar rates of vaccine uptake in Denmark and Iceland, why is there such a disparity between their excess deaths? Iceland doesn't have a 4.5x higher vaccination rate yet has a 4.5x higher excess death rate
    Just touching base to see if you have the latest excess death figures? I'm guessing the figures will be way down from the July number you quoted, given the rigorous veracity of your argument.

Just touching base to see if you have the latest excess death figures? I'm guessing the figures will be way down from the July number you quoted, given the rigorous veracity of your argument.
    Excess deaths in August across the whole EU was +12% compared to +16.1% in July. That's a decrease of just over 25% which I'm sure we can both agree is considered "Way down"

Excess Deaths averaged across the EU:
    EU Excess Deaths.jpg
    https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...y_2022_Aug.png

In July, 25 of 31 European countries saw an increase in excess deaths compared to June.
    In August, only 10 of the same 31 countries saw an increase in excess deaths compared to July.
    Excess Deaths by country.jpg

If you can't read the images, click the links. They take you direct to the webpage with the data.

Excess deaths in August across the whole EU was +12% compared to +16.1% in July. That's a decrease of just over 25% which I'm sure we can both agree is considered "Way down"

Excess Deaths averaged across the EU:

In July, 25 of 31 European countries saw an increase in excess deaths compared to June.
    In August, only 10 of the same 31 countries saw an increase in excess deaths compared to July.

If you can't read the images, click the links. They take you direct to the webpage with the data.
    I would like to compare the latest October figures with the July 2022 data you were working from earlier, to observe the effect of the cooling weather.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/pr...ddn-20220916-1

I would like to compare the latest October figures with the July 2022 data you were working from earlier, to observe the effect of the cooling weather.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/pr...ddn-20220916-1
    That link doesn’t contain data about October? It’s from September 16th.

Presumably the data for October doesn’t exist anywhere yet considering the month finished yesterday and how long it takes to get a death registered.

That link doesn’t contain data about October?

Presumably the data for October doesn’t exist anywhere yet considering the month finished yesterday and how long it takes to get a death registered.
    I'm just trying to answer the question that you asked about 10 times, so I will check back later. Should we be expecting the 16.1 peak to drop below 5.0 with the cooler weather in the latest data?

I'm just trying to answer the question that you asked about 10 times, so I will check back later. Should we be expecting the 16.1 peak to drop below 5.0 with the cooler weather in the latest data?
    I'm not sure what you're asking for? Why 5.0 in particular, where has that figure come from? The last time excess deaths were that low in the EU was July 2020.

You wanted to know if excess deaths had decreased compared to July. And in August they have.

I'm not sure what you're asking for? Why 5.0 in particular, where has that figure come from? The last time excess deaths were that low in the EU was July 2020.

You wanted to know if excess deaths had decreased compared to July. And in August they have.
    So what caused the 16.1 peak?

So what caused the 16.1 peak?
    Considering the 16.1 peak occurred in July, I’d assume the record breaking heatwaves would’ve factored into it.

But what do you propose it was?

Considering the 16.1 peak occurred in July, I’d assume the record breaking heatwaves would’ve factored into it.

But what do you propose it was?
    I don't know, that's why I want to see the October data.

I don't know, that's why I want to see the October data.
    Well that doesn’t exist yet. With the available data have you got no opinions?

Before you insinuated it was the vaccine reacting to the heat, no?

Well that doesn’t exist yet. With the available data have you got no opinions?

Before you insinuated it was the vaccine reacting to the heat, no?
    I made no connection to the heat.

I would have thought they would have been less considering we have just come out of a pandemic.

Just seen this….

https://fb.watch/gyjeEQU45M/

I made no connection to the heat.
    Fair enough, I’m mistaken.
    What’s the relevance of 5.0% excess deaths out of curiosity?

Excess mortality still dropping. I wonder why those so excited about the peak in July haven't been updating us with figures from August or September? Still, not long to wait for October's numbers!

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/pr...ddn-20221115-1

Excess mortality still dropping. I wonder why those so excited about the peak in July haven't been updating us with figures from August or September? Still, not long to wait for October's numbers!

It’s been a warmer than normal winter

Are you going against Sir Chris?