Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
Sadly your last paragraph is why we end up with Conservative governments.

The newspapers and media have always hammered Labour, Corbyn was in no way unique in this - apart from giving them plenty of ammunition.

Perhaps you can afford a continuous Conservative government, millions can't. If you thought Johnson was bad just you wait for Truss or Sunak. Truss has already stated that her priority is tax cuts and that there will be no further "handouts" (her words) and Sunak has already shown his true colours as a reverse Robin Hood.

But Starmer won't give you everything you want so to hell with the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. May I suggest you wait and see what Labour proposes for what should be an emergency budget in the autumn and for the next GE?
I agree. Increasingly, I’ve got little time for Starmer, but the Tories used to talk about putting “clear, blue water” between them and Labour, well this lot have put oceans of it between the two thanks in main to Johnson’s purge of some of the restraining elements on the One Nation wing of his party over Brexit (the nutters who complain about a “Remainers Brexit” are the driving force within the Conservatives now). Starmer’s not perfect, but his Government would not be like a mark 2 of this one - I would like to see Labour start to prove this by being more proactive about their own policies though.