+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Hate Keir Starmer - Tom Whyman - Gawker

Re: I Hate Keir Starmer - Tom Whyman - Gawker

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://twitter.com/graceblakeley/st...34558393761792

The Labour leadership is hamstrung by its own rigid and incoherent ideology, based on two nonsensical dogmas:

1. If Jeremy Corbyn said it, we can’t say it.

2. We have to ‘balance the books’.
    Blimey Jon, you'll be quoting Owen Jones, Seamus Milne and Aaron Bastani next

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Blimey Jon, you'll be quoting Owen Jones, Seamus Milne and Aaron Bastani next
    I probably will. My weakness is that I agree with them a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I probably will. My weakness is that I agree with them a lot of the time.
    I used to like OJ but latterly I do feel he's gone a bit crazy and I see him as just a grifter these days, hungry for clicks and likes.

The other two are all yours. One of Corbyns many failings was having a very poor group of advisors around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I used to like OJ but latterly I do feel he's gone a bit crazy and I see him as just a grifter these days, hungry for clicks and likes.

The other two are all yours. One of Corbyns many failings was having a very poor group of advisors around him.
    A massive faiiling was his Brexit policy. Here was a wonderful man, adulated by the young, not championing the single most important issue of their lifetimes. Many looked upon him as a beacon of hope in distressing times but he failed to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    A massive faiiling was his Brexit policy. Here was a wonderful man, adulated by the young, not championing the single most important issue of their lifetimes. Many looked upon him as a beacon of hope in distressing times but he failed to support them.
    I thought Brexit policy under Corbyn was clear cut - the electorate decided on Brexit and therefore the electorate can choose the form of Brexit they want.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    I thought Brexit policy under Corbyn was clear cut - the electorate decided on Brexit and therefore the electorate can choose the form of Brexit they want.
    It was clear, you are correct. The ambiguity was a projection from Brexiteers onto Remainers, in essence 'come on then, tell us how we do it without wrecking everything?!', if they didn't, they were anti-British.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It was clear, you are correct. The ambiguity was a projection from Brexiteers onto Remainers, in essence 'come on then, tell us how we do it without wrecking everything?!', if they didn't, they were anti-British.
    I don't recollect that. Nothing wrong whatsoever with people who voted Remain being involved in the formulation of ideas into the implementation of Brexit.

The issue always was with people who refused to accept the referendum result. It was a shameful position to take and a stupid one, because ultimately, from their perspective they made it worse, refusing to support May's Brexit and creating the conditions for Boris's

Phew Sir Kier is back from his holiday to save the nation , Gordon Brown is stepping back ..

Do you ever notice Tories can't have holidays, but folk like Sir Kier escape the media frenzy ??

And we think it's a right wing lead media 😆

[QUOTE=JamesWales;5332471]I don't recollect that. Nothing wrong whatsoever with people who voted Remain being involved in the formulation of ideas into the implementation of Brexit.

The issue always was with people who refused to accept the referendum result. It was a shameful position to take and a stupid one, because ultimately, from their perspective they made it worse, refusing to support May's Brexit and creating the conditions for Boris's[/QUOTE7]

72.2% of electorate voted to leave including millions of Labour voters .

Sir Kier votes many times to overturn that vote ??

Labour Party though support strikes that have woeful % of voters causing untold pain for poor folk needing transport, delivery of critical items of mail teaching , health ...

If I was Sir Kier I'd say yes to inflation boosting rises , however when inflation drops as does your wage

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Phew Sir Kier is back from his holiday to save the nation , Gordon Brown is stepping back ..

Do you ever notice Tories can't have holidays, but folk like Sir Kier escape the media frenzy ??

And we think it's a right wing lead media ��
    Kier isn't in charge of the government? I'm not a fan of him but surely you can see the glaring difference.

Is Robert Murchdoch not right wing then? How about the Rothermere family that supported the nazis in the past? Did the BBC not put a Russian hat on Corbyn and put the kremlin behind him despite the fact it was the tories who were taking Russian money?

It's a fact the majority of the media is right wing, but I guess you guys love crying about how you're the victims and called scum because of your horrific policies.

Source: https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...uks-newspapers

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

72.2% of electorate voted to leave including millions of Labour voters .

Sir Kier votes many times to overturn that vote ??

Labour Party though support strikes that have woeful % of voters causing untold pain for poor folk needing transport, delivery of critical items of mail teaching , health ...

If I was Sir Kier I'd say yes to inflation boosting rises , however when inflation drops as does your wage
    Literally making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't recollect that. Nothing wrong whatsoever with people who voted Remain being involved in the formulation of ideas into the implementation of Brexit.

The issue always was with people who refused to accept the referendum result. It was a shameful position to take and a stupid one, because ultimately, from their perspective they made it worse, refusing to support May's Brexit and creating the conditions for Boris's
    Groan. This bollocks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Groan. This bollocks again.
    Why is that bollocks?

If Starmer gets in he'll be watched like a hawk by the right wing press, the labour voters expecting more and half his own party waiting for him to slip. The Tories get more leeway from the electorate so if he's as unproductive as them he'll be out after one term and back in the doldrums. Given this - and perhaps this is a skewed logic borne out of hopefulness - a Starmer administration might actually get stuff done given the chance.

I can understand his reticence because he'll be lambasted by the usual Tory election policy of "They'll be dressing your kids in donkey jackets next" which is enough for some people to vote for the more of the same.

I'm 52 and can't remember Wilson in 74 so the only Labour leader, to my memory, who's won an election is a centrist, and he went and got the backing of Murdoch, an option I don't think is open to Starmer. In 97 people were completely bored of the Tories and wanted change. Now they change every five minutes in order to look like it's all refreshed. We can't assume it won't work again.

That article in the link, by the way, was embittered, ad hominem bollocks.