+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interest rates up 0.5%!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interest rates up 0.5%!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I'm 33 now, since I've been an adult I've never known a good economy. Is this really the best we can do? The tories are economically illiterate, you're a fool if you believe otherwise.
    Why do you peddle this rubbish ? Labour were in power from 1997 to 2010 and wrecked the economy. Blame them. Its taken the last 12 years to try to recover from what they did and now we have had a pandemic to deal with and Ukraine war as well. Employment and tax revenues are at record highs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do you peddle this rubbish ? Labour were in power from 1997 to 2010 and wrecked the economy. Blame them. Its taken the last 12 years to try to recover from what they did and now we have had a pandemic to deal with and Ukraine war as well. Employment and tax revenues are at record highs anyway.
    The economy was wrecked by a worldwide crash in 2008. The Conservative opposition of that time backed the measures Labour took to stop a run on banks - if Labour did wreck the economy, they did it with the backing of the main opposition parties.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

You can buy 1 , 2 or 3 bedroom properties in Bargoed , Merthyr, Nelson between £70,000 - £120,000. In line with 1980’s prices.

Depends where you wish to live I guess and what you’re looking for

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    You can buy 1 , 2 or 3 bedroom properties in Bargoed , Merthyr, Nelson between £70,000 - £120,000. In line with 1980’s prices.

Depends where you wish to live I guess and what you’re looking for
    Great point and possible more affordable than many years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Great point and possible more affordable than many years ago?
    Yes , in relative terms much more affordable with help to buy and the fact that mortgage companies take some means tested benefits into the affordability test.

The Doucas poster must be looking in North Cardiff