+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the supporters club coaches like?

What are the supporters club coaches like?

Normally I get the train to away games but with ticket price hikes and less than reliable services I’m thinking of going by coach. I’ve seen for WBA the coach is leaving 5 hours before kick off, do these coaches stop off on the way or at a pub pre game? Or are you hanging around the stadium for 2 hours pre game?
    Also what’s the atmosphere on the coaches like? Bevved up teens or families and old folks?
    Thanks

Re: What are the supporters club coaches like?

It totally depends on what you’re looking for.

All coach operators are CARDIFF CITY FANS, all coach operators attend police and club meetings.

Supporters club coaches suit a certain type of fan and I should know as I ran them for almost 10 years, BUT, there are other fans out there, who want more than just 90 minutes of football, they want a day out with family land friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It totally depends on what you’re looking for.

All coach operators are CARDIFF CITY FANS, all coach operators attend police and club meetings.

Supporters club coaches suit a certain type of fan and I should know as I ran them for almost 10 years, BUT, there are other fans out there, who want more than just 90 minutes of football, they want a day out with family land friends.
    Yeah I’ve done a few coaches in the past with varying organisers. One was run by one of the local pubs with a young crowd drinking on board and stopping off at a pub pre game for a few hours. One was with Vince Alm for Reading away and we were at the Madejski nearly 2 hours before the match and the stadium wasn’t even open.

Just trying to gauge where on the spectrum the CCSC busses land.

We do not take under 18’s unaccompanied, we have plenty of families travelling.

We DO NOT stop at motorway service stations, we stop at regular clubs, pubs, Inns, for proper food, not rubbery tasting shite.

We arrive at grounds approximately one and a half hours before KO (legal requirement)

We travel straight home

Lots of wheels ,windows travel at 56mph outside of Wales .

Occasional snorting in bogs just before arrival at ground ..

We do not take under 18’s unaccompanied, we have plenty of families travelling.

We DO NOT stop at motorway service stations, we stop at regular clubs, pubs, Inns, for proper food, not rubbery tasting shite.

We arrive at grounds approximately one and a half hours before KO (legal requirement)

We travel straight home
    Alright cheers for all the info. Didn’t realise there was a requirement to arrive 90mins before KO. Bit annoying for the out of town stadiums like Reading and Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Alright cheers for all the info. Didn’t realise there was a requirement to arrive 90mins before KO. Bit annoying for the out of town stadiums like Reading and Coventry.
    The regulations actually state we are to arrive between 1pm /2pm for a 3.00pm KO

WE aim for the middle ground

CCSC buses are generally comfy, quiet, no singing/alcohol on board, 1 motorway service stop on the way up, and sometimes on the way back depending on the length of journey, and ordinarily arrive at the ground around 2 hours before kick off. They serve a purpose for me a few times a season (normally when I go away on my own). They are well-organised, reasonably-priced, and no-hassle.

I went on an official CCSC coach with my wife for the Arsenal game on New Year’s Day 2014, We were given a sheet of “do’s and dont’s” safe to say I’ve not bothered since as it was like being on a school trip.

That being said each to their own if you don’t mind that kind of thing.

Don’t forget. You need to have one eye in the middle of your forehead, to travel on a valleys coach

I have travelled with CCSC and TIT tours many times. Both offer reliable, safe travel. Both are aware of the regulations re Away Travel. Both arrive in plenty of time for ko. I’ve been to Newcastle with Vince and Sunderland with TIT.

CCSC is great for families, couples etc. TIT may appeal more to the “Lads Day Out” market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I have traveled wit CCSC and TIT tours many times. Both offer reliable, safe travel. Both are aware of the regulations re Away Travel. Both arrive in plenty of time for ko. I’ve been to Newcastle with Vince and Sunderland with TIT.

CCSC is great for families, couples etc. TIT may appeal more to the “Lads Day Out” market.
    We do not have a lads day out !!!!

We’ve got loads of families travelling to Reading, loads of father/sons.

We do not tolerate bad behaviour.

Just because we find a nice pub to go to, it doesn’t make it “a lads day out”

No under 18’s, without a parent/guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I have travelled with CCSC and TIT tours many times. Both offer reliable, safe travel. Both are aware of the regulations re Away Travel. Both arrive in plenty of time for ko. I’ve been to Newcastle with Vince and Sunderland with TIT.

Was about to say basically the same. Travel with Vince/CCSC and it's a bit more reserved, although you can have a sneaky few sherberts if you take a few in a rucksack or something and keep it on the down-low.

TIT is more of a lads day out so it depends which you want

Ok, not a lads day out, but a bit more freedom than with Vince, fair to say?

2 TIT punters saying it's a lads day out. TIT himself strongly refuting this. Has ladism finally become toxic? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    2 TIT punters saying it's a lads day out. TIT himself strongly refuting this. Has ladism finally become toxic? Lol
    They say they’ve traveled, but they are definitely not regulars.

We talk to each other, everyone knows everyone else, we stop at pubs, we play music, it’s a quality day out for everyone.

The first poster who said he traveled, pony blue, I think has traveled once, without knowing the name of the second poster, haven’t a clue who he is.

As for you, who are you ?

because it's a lads day out

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    because it's a lads day out
    We’ve got 10 under 12’s and 6 under 16’s travelling with their parents

10 OAP’s and 3 disabled

We’ve got 10 under 12’s and 6 under 16’s travelling with their parents

10 OAP’s and 3 disabled
    So it's fair to say that your Lads day out is very inclusive of age, gender, disability?

Lovely people, not a lads day out, no alcohol, no Ojo talk.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t forget. You need to have one eye in the middle of your forehead, to travel on a valleys coach
    Wazowski-ist, Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So it's fair to say that your Lads day out is very inclusive of age, gender, disability?
    I've been on the TIT bus and the free cocaine was a nice surprise but the compulsory tattoos weren't something I agreed with. Also Tony's constantly filming you for his TikTok and Instagram stories. Nice coach though and overall it's a 7/10 would go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Ok, not a lads day out, but a bit more freedom than with Vince, fair to say?
    Yes. TIT isn’t a Stag Nite but maybe a chance for a beer stop.

[QUOTE=Pontprennau Bluebird;5328992]

Yes. TIT is a good package.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Lol