+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pearcey?

Pearcey?

Not about tonight, good chance he’s up the wooden hill, he may be in the Reading squad for tomorrow by the way he’s ran them down so much this week. It stinks of red herrings. He hasn’t lulled us long in the tooth City fans into a false sense of security, I tell you.........Or is he just avoiding being nagged about giving us a lift to the ground from the town centre?

Re: Pearcey?

Adam Federici in disguise..

I see Paul Ince is being a bitter boy about a couple of the signings we've apparently pinched from them

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I see Paul Ince is being a bitter boy about a couple of the signings we've apparently pinched from them
    "We looked at Kipre from West Brom and we thought we were close to getting him. When you’re trying to do deals with clubs, they’ve got you over a barrel.

"I spent a lot of time with him and his agent but financially we couldn’t compete, then you see him swanning off to Cardiff and it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth as you do all the work, the player wants to come but we’re governed by what West Brom ask the clubs to pay."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    "We looked at Kipre from West Brom and we thought we were close to getting him. When you’re trying to do deals with clubs, they’ve got you over a barrel.

"I spent a lot of time with him and his agent but financially we couldn’t compete, then you see him swanning off to Cardiff and it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth as you do all the work, the player wants to come but we’re governed by what West Brom ask the clubs to pay."
    Makes you wonder whether it is money or the manager/club that's the issue.
    He's had a moan about Rino leaving him and coming here too.
    Surely they can't be worse off than us financially?

They're a lot, lot worse off than us. I think our financial woes are overstated. We're skint but so are most clubs, Reading are in deep, deep shit however.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They're a lot, lot worse off than us. I think our financial woes are overstated. We're skint but so are most clubs, Reading are in deep, deep shit however.
    Correct

reading have zero cash, the amount they are paying the kids is nothing, in fact a few local teams who play in southern league 1 pay more, thats a fair few leagues below them

Is it as bad as that!? Sounds worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Is it as bad as that!? Sounds worrying.
    We have owners with deep pockets but we have a strict transfer embargo and cannot spend more than £16 million on wages which is why we are trying to offload Moore and Puscas. We can only sign loanees and free transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We have owners with deep pockets but we have a strict transfer embargo and cannot spend more than £16 million on wages which is why we are trying to offload Moore and Puscas. We can only sign loanees and free transfers.
    What do you think of Ince as a manager? He has always come across as instantly dislikable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What do you think of Ince as a manager? He has always come across as instantly dislikable to me.
    I’m far from convinced but he is in a very difficult position. If we finish 21st it’s been a good season.

I’m far from convinced but he is in a very difficult position. If we finish 21st it’s been a good season.
    Yeah, you need a Warnock :)

To be fair I thought he would take you down when appointmented.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah, you need a Warnock :)

To be fair I thought he would take you down when appointmented.
    There was a limited improvement under him last season but certainly nothing to write home about.
    I can see him being very defensive with the press as the season unwinds.

I don't know why, but I absolutely cannot stand Paul Ince. Him, or his junior.

I've quite enjoyed the little moan he's had about us in the media this week though.

I said elsewhere I'm surprised nobody's come in for Moore

Puscas tore us apart in the 3-0 defeat at your place under Warnock, what's happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I don't know why, but I absolutely cannot stand Paul Ince. Him, or his junior.

I've quite enjoyed the little moan he's had about us in the media this week though.
    Like or loathe him, he got his players up for today.

Not sure what happened but a mistake can cost you big time and if it is at the back, then its worse with a strike force like we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I said elsewhere I'm surprised nobody's come in for Moore

Puscas tore us apart in the 3-0 defeat at your place under Warnock, what's happened to him?
    Moore went on loan to Stoke in January but got injured and is out for at least two more months. We desperately want him off the books because his wages are huge. That’s part of the problem. No one will take him on as he is on so much.

Puscas is a shame. Again we want to move him on. Not match fit apparently but he is about to be sold or loaned out to an Italian team.
    He has often been played as a lone striker which he is not great at. Play him upfront alongside another striker and he would be fine. Sad to see him go.

Moore went on loan to Stoke in January but got injured and is out for at least two more months. We desperately want him off the books because his wages are huge. That’s part of the problem. No one will take him on as he is on so much.

Puscas is a shame. Again we want to move him on. Not match fit apparently but he is about to be sold or loaned out to an Italian team.
    He has often been played as a lone striker which he is not great at. Play him upfront alongside another striker and he would be fine. Sad to see him go.
    Puskas and Moore play in positions we need to improve in. But I’d guess their wages will be prohibitive

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Puskas and Moore play in positions we need to improve in. But I’d guess their wages will be prohibitive
    Moore is on around £35k a week. The positive is that his contract expires at end June. Rumoured we are trying to pay him off so that he becomes a free agent. He has lost his way in the last couple of years and will need to prove his fitness.
    I’m surprised no one has come in for Puscas. He did well on loan in Seria A last season. We have been offered less than a million for him plus £2 million add ons We paid £7 million. His wages would be circa £15k a week at a guess. He’s good enough at this level but not on his own upfront.