+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Player Watch

Wales Player Watch

Mepham & Moore starting for Bournemouth.
    Johnson & Williams starting for Nottingham Forest, Hennessey on the bench.
    Ben Davis starting for Spurs.
    Matondo on the bench for Rangers.
    James suspended for Leeds.

Re: Wales Player Watch

Connor Roberts playing CB for Burnley?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Connor Roberts playing CB for Burnley?
    I don't think so, they played the same back 4 against Huddersfield and it was Taylor at centre back with Roberts at right back

Mepham & Moore starting for Bournemouth.
    Johnson & Williams starting for Nottingham Forest, Hennessey on the bench.
    Ben Davis starting for Spurs.
    Matondo on the bench for Rangers.
    James suspended for Leeds.
    Neco looked like he had an absolute Weston for Forest against Newcastle from the highlights on MOTD unfortunately

Ampadu not given a squad number at Chelsea and looks like he's off back to Italy.
    Needs to get playing sooner rather than later.

Harry Wilson our for at least eight weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Neco looked like he had an absolute Weston for Forest against Newcastle from the highlights on MOTD unfortunately
    He looked disinterested to me, as if he was thinking “why the f*** did I come here”

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Neco was actually one of the better Forest players, Newcastle destroyed them all over the pitch from the first whistle!

Danny Ward getting plenty of exercise bending over picking the ball up

Dan James, the substitute was substituted

Neco had a much better game for Forest yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Harry Wilson our for at least eight weeks
    May well be a new Fulham player in the squad next month, 17 year old Luke Harris has just scored a hat trick against a Chelsea u21 side including Chilwell, Ampadu, Chalobah and Chukwuemeka (who Chelsea have spent £20m on).

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    May well be a new Fulham player in the squad next month, 17 year old Luke Harris has just scored a hat trick against a Chelsea u21 side including Chilwell, Ampadu, Chalobah and Chukwuemeka (who Chelsea have spent £20m on).
    I'll take my commission in cash, Mr Page

I'll take my commission in cash, Mr Page
    Where does he play? He didn't seem to be an out and out striker from the brief clip I saw. I think Owen Beck should have been called up too in place of one of the card school members.

Where does he play? He didn't seem to be an out and out striker from the brief clip I saw. I think Owen Beck should have been called up too in place of one of the card school members.
    More of a midfielder, particularly adept at late runs into the box, been compared to Lampard a fair bit. What's telling is that many of his goals are "right place, right time" style goals rather than down to physicality which may suggest he'll be able to step up to seniors more easily with his game intelligence. Fulham rate him very highly and have a very good recent track record of producing players, being in the PL may see them keep Harris longer than they did Elliott & Carvalho. His social media is full of Wales stuff aswell so hopefully we won't see a defection

I think Beck's been recalled from his loan in Portugal and sent straight out on loan again as he wasn't involved enough. Liverpool clearly rate him if they're that bothered about him getting gametime. One for the next campaign I'd imagine, possibly alongside Jordan James & Oli Cooper who's breaking into the Swansea side

More of a midfielder, particularly adept at late runs into the box, been compared to Lampard a fair bit. What's telling is that many of his goals are "right place, right time" style goals rather than down to physicality which may suggest he'll be able to step up to seniors more easily with his game intelligence. Fulham rate him very highly and have a very good recent track record of producing players, being in the PL may see them keep Harris longer than they did Elliott & Carvalho. His social media is full of Wales stuff aswell so hopefully we won't see a defection

I think Beck's been recalled from his loan in Portugal and sent straight out on loan again as he wasn't involved enough. Liverpool clearly rate him if they're that bothered about him getting gametime. One for the next campaign I'd imagine, possibly alongside Jordan James & Oli Cooper who's breaking into the Swansea side
    We need an influx of young players to freshen things up, as every recent Welsh squad has had some dead wood.

Great to see Jordan James come back to us after his little trip to the dark side.

You have to give credit to the set up. Lots of players who could play for more than one nation, end up choosing us, and not just because they have no hope of getting caps elsewhere. Once these players have a taste of playing for Wales they seem to get hooked, or at very least feel happy with us, plus after qualifying for three tournaments now, the youngsters coming through will see it as something they may get to achieve with us too one day which certainly helps us convince them.

Allen off injured for Swansea, I imagine he's out of these games

Ben Davies out for three weeks. Injuries are racking up

Chem Campbell came off the bench for Wolves against Manchester City in the Premier League, yet he's not even in the Wales squad.

A good performance by Ampadu in a Serie A win against Sampdoria, and his team are now just 2 points off Juventus.

Matondo excluded from Rangers match day squad, which is quite worrying.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport...ee-united-win/

RANGERS manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst today explained why Rabbi Matondo was not in his match day squad for the cinch Premiership match against Dundee United at Ibrox.

Welsh internationalist winger Matondo, a £2.5m signing from German club Schalke 04 back in July, has not started a league game for the Glasgow club in nearly a month.

The 22-year-old was not involved in the league meeting with United in Govan this afternoon which his side won 2-1.

Rangers dismissed online reports that Matondo had been disciplined and dropped for poor time keeping earlier.

Allen off injured for Swansea, I imagine he's out of these games
    That's most of the old guard out now and we'll be playing the U21's at this rate, but at least we've got Jonniesta to take Allan's place, and super-sub Brennan warming the bench. I bet Southgate is shaking in his boots right now.

You can take the boy out of Tremorfa but............

Chem Campbell came off the bench for Wolves against Manchester City in the Premier League, yet he's not even in the Wales squad.
    Thought I saw he’d turned down a call up to focus on club football

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Thought I saw he’d turned down a call up to focus on club football
    I'd have thought being involved in international football would help your career? It's better than sitting at home twiddling your thumbs during the international breaks.

Good 1st half from Joe Rodon against high-flying Marseille. He's looking very settled in a back 4, I wonder if Wales will ever try it?