+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Six losses in eight and no clean sheets, who do you want to face? Cardiff City!

Six losses in eight and no clean sheets, who do you want to face? Cardiff City!

Robinson penalty miss consigns City to yet another weekend away loss.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Six losses in eight and no clean sheets, who do you want to face? Cardiff City!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Robinson penalty miss consigns City to yet another weekend away loss.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Very interesting as usual. The only (not inconsiderable) positive this sunday is that we all would likely have accepted two points from the last week, instead we have three, and a positive goal difference to boot.

I suspect we all know where the season is going; stuttering form, finishing about 16th, no real threat of relegation, some promise, lots of disappointment, no cup run, some poor atmospheres at home etc...

Re: Six losses in eight and no clean sheets, who do you want to face? Cardiff City!

Passing it around for passing it around sake without working their keeper is more frustrating than lumping it the box at any opportunity.
    There is absolutely no plan b, the bench is full of like for like subs.

Dont want to be picky but the Huddersfield keeper wasnt Matt Dickens.

He had Nicholls on his shirt.?

Bob, thank you for another excellent write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I suspect we all know where the season is going; stuttering form, finishing about 16th, no real threat of relegation, some promise, lots of disappointment, no cup run, some poor atmospheres at home etc...
    I think that you're correct and we should use this season to develop the team. Personally, I would like to see Wintle and Ng line up in front of a back three, with O'Dowda and Romeo as attacking wing backs. I would then play two 'up top' as having a lone striker doesn't cut it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Very interesting as usual. The only (not inconsiderable) positive this sunday is that we all would likely have accepted two points from the last week, instead we have three, and a positive goal difference to boot.

No real threat of relegation? We're 22nd in the form table (last six games) at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    No real threat of relegation? We're 22nd in the form table (last six games) at the moment.
    We’ve also had the toughest run of any team in the division. Our last 6 opponents have the highest amount of points in their last 6 games.

Despite my vast experience of coaching a village kiddies team for many years, I have always admitted to not having an eye for the finer points of tactics and formations. Even so, I am always totally confused when watching this teams set up and approach. Is it just me? Is it partly shared by the players? Does this in some way account for the lacklustre performances?
    I sense that Mr Morrison has accepted that he is probably not an inspirational type manager and therefore focuses far too much effort on the other aspects - tactics, formations, out-thinking the opposition. Does he overthink it? It's not really rocket science is it, or at least, it shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Despite my vast experience of coaching a village kiddies team for many years, I have always admitted to not having an eye for the finer points of tactics and formations. Even so, I am always totally confused when watching this teams set up and approach. Is it just me? Is it partly shared by the players? Does this in some way account for the lacklustre performances?
    I sense that Mr Morrison has accepted that he is probably not an inspirational type manager and therefore focuses far too much effort on the other aspects - tactics, formations, out-thinking the opposition. Does he overthink it? It's not really rocket science is it, or at least, it shouldn't be.
    His comments yesterday seem to suggest that he sets his team up according to what he thinks the opposition might do. This in itself is massively concerning. You play to your strengths at this level, not to what you perceive the opposition's weaknesses to be. That shit is for elite level where fine margins come into it.
    But then it doesn't shock me, much alike his desire to emulate elite level teams with his 4-3-3 gegenpress bollocks.
    He thinks he's Pep and we're Man City.
    Delusions of grandeur.
    Dave Jones would do better with this squad and his tactics and subs were iffy at times, but at least he knew what to do with what he had for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont want to be picky but the Huddersfield keeper wasnt Matt Dickens.

He had Nicholls on his shirt.?
    Corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    His comments yesterday seem to suggest that he sets his team up according to what he thinks the opposition might do. This in itself is massively concerning. You play to your strengths at this level, not to what you perceive the opposition's weaknesses to be. That shit is for elite level where fine margins come into it.
    But then it doesn't shock me, much alike his desire to emulate elite level teams with his 4-3-3 gegenpress bollocks.
    Delusions of grandeur.
    Dave Jones would do better with this squad and his tactics and subs were iffy at times, but at least he knew what to do with what he had for the most part.
    At the end of last season we switched from a back three to back four on an almost weekly basis and Steve Morison always justified his selection by saying he was matching up with the opposition. That does seem to be an essentially defensive approach doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Delusions of grandeur.
    Dave Jones would be lost without a decent big man option for the 442.

To be fair as much as I didnt rate Jones as a tactitian I dont believe he would have recruited like Morison has.

Id say Etete would be starting though alongside Robinson just because hes tall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    At the end of last season we switched from a back three to back four on an almost weekly basis and Steve Morison always justified his selection by saying he was matching up with the opposition. That does seem to be an essentially defensive approach doesn't it.
    He does appear to focus on cancelling out the opposition Bob, or at least attempting to.
    The frustrating thing is that we have players who can do damage.
    I just feel we should be attacking from the off, grabbing ourselves a cushion at least where possible, especially at home.
    If he switches to defend then, fair enough.
    Although I'll never be a fan of that, but then I'm an admirer of the Kevin Keegan school of football

To be fair as much as I didnt rate Jones as a tactitian I dont believe he would have recruited like Morison has.

Etete is injured !

Echoes of a certain playoff final. Kelvin Etuhu only played up top because he was tall, despite being a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Etete is injured !
    I meant when fit. Just because hes tall. DJ was all 442 big man little man up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Echoes of a certain playoff final. Kelvin Etuhu only played up top because he was tall, despite being a winger.
    Exactly. DJ wouldn't have a clue what to do with this lot.

These clowns running the club will probably hire him now.

We have four clean sheets out of ten league games and have lost five out of ten. Figures can be manipulated to back up any argument you want to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    We’ve also had the toughest run of any team in the division. Our last 6 opponents have the highest amount of points in their last 6 games.
    That’s because they’ve played us.