I'd go with:

Alnwick

Campbell McGuiness Denham Bagan

Ralls King

Philogene Sawyers Tanner

Etete

with hopefully Colwill and Davies able to get some minutes as well

Re: team for Portsmouth

With so many new players id want SM to continue with developing his preferred starting XI, rather than wholesale changes for the sake of it. Play Denham and Etete, but generally keep the same team.

We’ve sold just under 2000 for the game. Shame it was so mismanaged as had it been on sale pre Norwich I’d imagine we’d be on at least double that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd go with:

Alnwick

Campbell McGuiness Denham Bagan

Ralls King

Philogene Sawyers Tanner

Etete

with hopefully Colwill and Davies able to get some minutes as well
    I like it but maybe Whyte for Sawyers? Don't think we can be starting Sawyers week in week out and unfortunately it doesn't look like Colwill is coming back anytime soon. Or maybe try one of the wingers in that position? I bet Philogene could do it.

Toss up between King and Sang for me. I liked Sang a lot more before yesterday.

I liked everything a lot more before yesterday.

Really wish I could watch this game though. Really want to see these players in action. Baffles me why it's not part of the Cardiff City TV subscription.

Sang will start I would have thought and will Villa have given permission for Philogene to play? I reckon Harris could play possibly as a winger and, we could maybe use Whyte as a number ten rather than Sawyers.

Morison said Colwill and Davies had started training before the Norwich match, so maybe they can get some game time from the bench although I’d guess they’d play for the under 21s first.

Ralls needs game time, Philogene needs experience, sawyers needs a rest already, we picked up a couple of injuries yesterday so I can see Whyte playing but he shouldn’t be near the team.

Be good to see some of the young players in defence and Nelson dropped totally.

But the thing I’d like to see most is us not hoofing the ball from out so called footballing goalie. I understand he’s not the best shop stopper as he’s a good footballer but when he hoofs most balls what’s the point. The majority of Etete’s touches yesterday were headers played into him with his back to goal. Ffs…. and I seem to remember out coach saying that wasn’t what he was there for. Needs ti tell Ralls & co.

The sooner Colwill and Davies are back the better.