+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barcelona banned from registering new signings including Lewandowski

Barcelona banned from registering new signings including Lewandowski

Re: Barcelona banned from registering new signings including Lewandowski

I've always liked Barcelona but part of me hopes they're not allowed to register them to teach them a lesson about sustainability

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've always liked Barcelona but part of me hopes they're not allowed to register them to teach them a lesson about sustainability
    Let's be honest, they've taken the proverbial piss financially for donkey's years. Isn't that why they had to let Messi go?
    If they take the Mick, punish them. It seems deserved to me.

Laporta running out of his "levers" to pull.

He's gonna need Archimedes at this rate.

Selling off the family silver only works once.
    Interesting that one of the signings from last year that they were initially unable to register was Memphis Depay and now he’s referred to as “dead wood”!
    Their whole philosophy is just rank.

It annoys me how they now make the “deadwood” out to be the bad guys because they no longer want to pay them what they agreed.

I think Barca's strategy backfired badly when the ESL was aborted. They're not in a happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It annoys me how they now make the “deadwood” out to be the bad guys because they no longer want to pay them what they agreed.
    The Deadwood Stage.

Can only assume La Masia has dried up. Even at the peak guardiola years they had a solid amount of academy graduates in the first team.

Now the team just looks a third rate Galacticos.

Maybe a full on transfer ban for a few years would do them a lot of good in the long run.

Their recruitment policy makes ours of recent seasons look shrewd.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The Deadwood Stage.
    Whip crack away, whip crackaway

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Can only assume La Masia has dried up. Even at the peak guardiola years they had a solid amount of academy graduates in the first team.

Now the team just looks a third rate Galacticos.

Maybe a full on transfer ban for a few years would do them a lot of good in the long run.

Their recruitment policy makes ours of recent seasons look shrewd.
    Not sure about that, they've had Gavi (18) and Pedri (19) from there recently, two exceptional young players. Agreed about the rest of the team looking like 3rd rate Galacticos though

The Superleague may still happen. The three clubs have taken their dispute with UEFA to the Court of Justice of the EU, with a possible binding decision in Jan 2023. Can't see the English clubs being involved if it ever goes ahead. Their idea is to set up their own money-spinning league so they can compete with the English Prem, not make more money for the rich English clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    The Superleague may still happen. The three clubs have taken their dispute with UEFA to the Court of Justice of the EU, with a possible binding decision in Jan 2023. Can't see the English clubs being involved if it ever goes ahead. Their idea is to set up their own money-spinning league so they can compete with the English Prem, not make more money for the rich English clubs.
    A Super League with no British clubs and no German or French clubs. Three Spanish teams competing. Wont that just be La Liga ?

When will these rules catch up with Man City ?
    There's no way their income streams cover their transfer costs.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    When will these rules catch up with Man City ?
    There's no way their income streams cover their transfer costs.
    This transfer window they’ve spent £97.87million and received £143.91million from sales of players. Sounds quite financially sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This transfer window they’ve spent £97.87million and received £143.91million from sales of players. Sounds quite financially sensible.
    Where did the money come from to earn that 143 million

Where did the money come from to earn that 143 million
    From the buying clubs. They’ve obviously sailed close to the wind but their dealings have been very astute with a much needed power shift, not just in Manchester but in the Premier League. Man Utd being knocked off their perch has pleased many fans as does their pipping of Liverpool.

Aside from football, whether this has a bearing on FFP I don’t know, they poured millions into regenerating the Eastlands area of Manchester. Creating many new jobs which can never be a bad thing. They are much more community savvy than a few of the other big guns. Hang on, not just big guns, they are more tuned into their local area than we are unfortunately.

From the buying clubs. They’ve obviously sailed close to the wind but their dealings have been very astute with a much needed power shift, not just in Manchester but in the Premier League. Man Utd being knocked off their perch has pleased many fans as does their pipping of Liverpool.

Aside from football, whether this has a bearing on FFP I don’t know, they poured millions into regenerating the Eastlands area of Manchester. Creating many new jobs which can never be a bad thing. They are much more community savvy than a few of the other big guns. Hang on, not just big guns, they are more tuned into their local area than we are unfortunately.
    Jeez Steve why don't you just marry Man City and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Jeez Steve why don't you just marry Man City and be done with it
    I love them sticking it up Man U & Liverpool

You mis-interpreted my question probably my fault.
    The 143 million they received didn't come from any home grown product being sold so they would have shelled out millions to get them in the first place.

You mis-interpreted my question probably my fault.
    The 143 million they received didn't come from any home grown product being sold so they would have shelled out millions to get them in the first place.
    Ya bugger you just sent me on a mission, quite interesting though. Here’s the profit and loss stats on the players Man City’s recent departures. None of them home grown granted;

Player. Bought For. Sold For
    Sterling. £49m. £50.58m
    Jesus. £27m. £46.98m
    Zinchenko. £1.7m. £31.50m
    Porro. £11m. £7.65m
    Itakaru. £630 thousand. £4.5m
    Muric. Free. £2.7m
    Total £89.33. £143.91

They’re like a dodgy landlord buying dodgy houses, tarting them up, then selling them on. The Matondo deal is another case of them cashing in. But as for home grown talent, unearthing Foden & Palmer stands out.

Ya bugger you just sent me on a mission, quite interesting though. Here’s the profit and loss stats on the players Man City’s recent departures. None of them home grown granted;

Player. Bought For. Sold For
    Sterling. £49m. £50.58m
    Jesus. £27m. £46.98m
    Zinchenko. £1.7m. £31.50m
    Porro. £11m. £7.65m
    Itakaru. £630 thousand. £4.5m
    Muric. Free. £2.7m
    Total £89.33. £143.91

They’re like a dodgy landlord buying dodgy houses, tarting them up, then selling them on. The Matondo deal is another case of them cashing in. But as for home grown talent, unearthing Foden & Palmer stands out.
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/m...versial-claim/

At the very top there's just bigger back handers to keep people's mouth shut.
    Corruption of the highest level.
    The reason Man city are at the top is money.
    It makes the whole football world an absolute farce.
    Just watch Newcastle next.

That made me laugh. Big companies think they can get away with anything and everything , good to see La Liga standing up to them.