+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back…..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just got back…..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well that was a disappointment and I was really looking forward to it…….

We looked in control until we conceded the penalty which was very careless (Kipre seemed to get caught under the ball, meaning that Nelson pretty much had to bring down the Reading striker for the penalty, as he rounded the keeper)

The second half was so poor (both us and them). We had no shape at all and no control of the ball, creating very little. That said, neither did they…..

The substitution didn’t help and seemed to make matters worse - the midfield two of Wintle and Ralls didn’t work.

No one really came out the game with any credit. We looked quite assured prior to their goal and I liked the way that we were trying to play.

Watters was again so frustrating and can’t even seem to hold the ball up. Sparky showed more endeavour but never looks to threaten and we didn’t see enough of Etete.

A game to forget. And one that we really should have taken something from as Reading were as poor as we were.

Unfortunately Nelson should have gone during the clear out.
    Kipre looks a decent signing but we need additional defensive cover. So far, Morison has had a very good record in the free transfer market. He needs to do it again

I think Morison made a couple of mistakes today
    Nelson should never be near the starting 11
    Watters cant play up front on his own
    Hopefully we'll learn and kick on from this very poor performance

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Yes it is early doors,chop and change find a system that works.

I agree with this about Watters. I don't like the stick the lad's getting. He was playing non-league football 4 years ago and is being asked to bang in goals for Cardiff City on his own. He's a 23 year-old who's game isn't going to be about holding the ball up in this division or set up. Harris has got a bit more edge to him but neither are loan strikers. I don't think the new lad is going to be either. So Morison is going to have to play two up top if we've any chance of scoring.

Nelson's got some unfair stick today too. I don't particularly like him as a player but in fairness, he did a lot of good defending today. If anything Kipre looked to be a long way short of his performance against Norwich.

I think we should lay off Watters and be more supportive tbh because I think it's still our midfield that's a problem.

Watched Decordova-Reid today for Fulham. There were many on here who were glad to see the back of him and said Callum Paterson was a better striker.

Agree with this. Last week against Norwich we got the ball into the opposition penalty area on about four occasions. This week it was five or six. How is any striker going to score when when we seem incapable of creating opportunities?

Nelson gave away the pelanty but the Reading player was going to score anyway after rounding our keeper.