Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Although Morison has praised Colwill in the past, he's hardly talked about him in the same way that, say, the Wales camp have done. However, there's been plenty of critical stuff from our manager concerning the player who may be the most naturally talented we have in first team contention and how he needs to do more when we're out of possession (this week he said Colwill couldn't head the ball for toffee, although, to be fair, it was meant as a joke).

I'd also say that Morison's criticisms are valid to a degree - the manager sets great store on what we do out of possession and it certainly isn't a strong part of Colwill's game, but my view is that, especially last season, beggars cannot be choosers. Colwill was one of very few players we had who, to use the current term, could be called a "difference maker", yet he spent more time on the bench than in the starting eleven under Morison and for a while after Tommy Doyle came in from Man City on loan he wasn't even making the matchday sixteen.

It may be that Colwill will be an automatic choice when he's fit again, but I'd be surprised if that was the case and this goes some of the way to explaining that rumour (and I emphasise it's nothing more than that) about Morison not fancying Colwill.

Maybe the championship has come too soon and he needed loan time elsewhere. The bit I don’t understand is what is his position on a pitch. Is he a central mid, a ten, a winger, etc. I just don’t know what his position is and don’t think he works hard enough to be in the spine of a team. If fit he should have played every week at the end of last season and I think that’s telling of Morisons view.

Saying that at yesterdays match I watched some of the subs warming up at Half time and it was embarrassing how poor one in particular was at passing; not once did he find his pass and when he came on he looked like someone you work with when u are 2 up not chasing a game . Colwill would offer more