Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'm old enough and I think you are as well, to remember seventeen year olds like Joe Ledley and Chris Gunter performing to a perfectly acceptable level during the noughties in the Championship and I'm not sure that things have changed so much in the last fifteen years or so that a clearly talented nineteen year old, as Colwill was last season, has to be treated as if he's not yet ready for first team football.

It's now almost a year since Colwill came on to win a game at Forest by scoring twice - who would someone watching as a neutral have rated as the better young Welsh prospect that afternoon, Colwill or the rather anonymous Brennan Johnson who started the game and was replaced for the last ten minutes?

That's not me saying that Colwill is a better player than Johnson or that the latter plays in a worse team than Colwill does, but it is interesting, and somewhat depressing, to note the different attitude at the two clubs towards a talented young player.
Don’t think there’s anything about age, Ledley and Gunter both seemed more physical than Colwill, however Colwill is more talented and I’d hope to see him more. I just don’t know where and when anymore.