+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Morison’s post Reading comments

Steve Morison’s post Reading comments

“We're disappointed," Morison began. "We didn't turn up. It is just frustrating because of how well we did last week and then how poor we were today.

"It's this league. Nearly everyone that won last week lost this week, apart from Blackburn. I think it is a very even league this year. Anyone can beat anyone.

"But if you drop your levels then you lose the game of football. We didn't perform to the same levels we performed at last week.

"They're human beings at the end of the day and they're allowed a bad day at the office. Let's hope they're few and far between."

He continued: "We could've been two-nil up and growing in confidence, but they then went and scored the penalty and they had the belief.

"I don't think it should've got to that. I think Cédric [Kipré] was pushed in the back in the build-up.

"The second goal was a screamer, but it was only because we gave them that confidence to do that.

"It's all a learning curve. We'll go again next week."

Discussing our upcoming Carabao Cup tie with Portsmouth, the City manager concluded: "What we're going to do Tuesday is exactly the same as what we were planning to do on Tuesday. Nothing has changed on that front.

"Now I'd like to see anyone who is disappointed that they've not been here and playing today with a spring in their step on Monday morning, thinking about putting in a performance against Portsmouth with the idea of then earning the chance to play at home against Birmingham the following game."

Re: Steve Morison’s post Reading comments

I think Morison is right. It is early days but it does look like a very even League.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think Morison is right. It is early days but it does look like a very even League.
    Your lot did a bit better than I thought they would today to be fair. Hopefully you've cheered up after your depressive state yesterday
    We're just dire up top at the minute, we seem to have very little. Hopefully that's resolved one way or the other before the window slams shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Your lot did a bit better than I thought they would today to be fair. Hopefully you've cheered up after your depressive state yesterday
    We're just dire up top at the minute, we seem to have very little. Hopefully that's resolved one way or the other before the window slams shut.
    I didn’t think we had a hope in hell today. The injuries are ridiculous but the players that are not injured are really fit as we started pre season early. That helps.
    You didn’t show much upfront today but it's early days. Colwill was a big miss. You looked a lot more assured when you beat us in April.