+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: READING 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Saturday 6th August ko 3:00pm
    From the Select Car Leasing Stadium (Madejski)

Match Officials:

Referee: Darren England
    Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
    Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
    Fourth Official: John Busby

The club announced on July 26th that General Area tickets for away fans had sold out.

Cardiff going for two from two. Reading looking to avoid two from two.

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

What a shit new name for the stadium.

I'm surprised nobody's signed Liam Moore

When I saw the teamsheet for our opener against Blackpool my cautious optimism about the season ahead evaporated.
    We managed to lose four players to injury in the week leading up to Blackpool in Joao, Hutchinson, Azeez and Tetek. With Moore and Dann already out and Puscas on the verge of leaving and not match fit we had seven out before the opener. Patience is running extremely thin with this after last season’s injury shitshow.

Last week we only had one senior outfield player on the bench in Shane Long and he wasn’t fit enough to start. I dread to think what the side will be v Cardiff as we seem to pick up a lot of injuries in training. New signing Mamouda Loum will be available if fit but Naby Sarr’s signing has yet to be approved by the EFL. So we will be lacking bench options again.

So not optimistic at the moment. I expect a narrow defeat or a 1-1 draw. We should have picked up at least a point v a poor Blackpool side and with Joao playing I expect we would have got a result. Those that are not injured will last the game as fitness levels are decent.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some good news for City, particularly the omission of Joao

Hopefully SM don't make wholesale changes too the side that performed so well against Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Hopefully SM don't make wholesale changes too the side that performed so well against Norwich.

He changed nearly half the side during the game, so what do you mean by wholesale changes ?

The side that started, or the side that finished ?

I would start the same side, other than NG suspension, can make changes for Portsmouth.

there's a case for putting Harris in for Watters, but I'd give him another chance against a less strong team on paper to see if he can make an impact

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He changed nearly half the side during the game, so what do you mean by wholesale changes ?

The side that started, or the side that finished ?
    The side that started, obviously. Last season SM changed the starting line up every week. We need if possible the same starting 11 every week.

The side that started, obviously. Last season SM changed the starting line up every week. We need if possible the same starting 11 every week.
    When playing midweek as well changes are going to be inevitable but we have had a full week so should be a very similar 11.

Although if he thinks there's a way to get us more attacking intent then I'm all for changes, as well as we passed the ball at times we had 3 shots.

1-3 Bluebirds is my prediction and a strong performance.

Reading local bus updates

Link below says the service to the ground from the station is running normally but they have told our SLO that all services may be affected in some way. So don't leave it late to get a bus to the ground.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/202...-home-outing-/

drab 0-0 my prediction

The joke that is Reading FC continues. This will be my last season ticket. Sick and tired of the rank amateur way we are being run.
    Ince has confirmed this morning we have one or two more players out injured making it 8 or 9 in total. No idea who the additions are.
    Having looked forward to watching Loum on Saturday his visa has still not come through so wont be able to play. Sarr still not confirmed by the EFL.

Utterly shambolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The joke that is Reading FC continues. This will be my last season ticket. Sick and tired of the rank amateur way we are being run.
    Ince has confirmed this morning we have one or two more players out injured making it 8 or 9 in total. No idea who the additions are.
    Having looked forward to watching Loum on Saturday his visa has still not come through so wont be able to play. Sarr still not confirmed by the EFL.

Utterly shambolic.
    You are making me feel less confident with every post. Your patched up squad inc walking wounded and random youth players are nailed on for a 1-0. It's the Cardiff way

Exactly my thoughts
    Home banker!!

They’ll still have more up front with Meite than we have and no doubt Hoillett will score something spectacular

I’m not being fooled by the woe betide me stuff

Nelson for Ng (unfortunately)
    Ralls for Sawyers (bring him on for last 30 mins when game more stretched)
    Harris for Watters - neither of them look like scoring but there’s more effort from Harris and he brings the wingers into play more - it is however a 50-50 call.
    Watters always looks better coming on as a sub anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Reading local bus updates

Link below says the service to the ground from the station is running normally but they have told our SLO that all services may be affected in some way. So don't leave it late to get a bus to the ground.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/202...-home-outing-/
    That all looks straightforward I think it’s find a Reading fan who’s catching the bus to the game and don’t let him out of your sight

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Exactly my thoughts
    Home banker!!

They’ll still have more up front with Meite than we have and no doubt Hoillett will score something spectacular

Harris for Watters - neither of them look like scoring but there’s more effort from Harris and he brings the wingers into play more - it is however a 50-50 call.

Meite is rumoured to be the latest injury along with our captain Andy Yiadom.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Exactly my thoughts
    Home banker!!

Nowt to do with the woe betide me stuff. It is self inflicted and not bad luck. I’m angry about it. It is unacceptable to have the level of injuries we currently have prior to our first home game. Even the most positive Reading fans are seriously unhappy this morning. This has been ongoing for a long time. We had the worst injury record of all 92 clubs over the past season and here we go again.

Nowt to do with the woe betide me stuff. It is self inflicted and not bad luck. I’m angry about it. It is unacceptable to have the level of injuries we currently have prior to our first home game. Even the most positive Reading fans are seriously unhappy this morning. This has been ongoing for a long time. We had the worst injury record of all 92 clubs over the past season and here we go again.
    I saw Ince was questioning how some players warm up and stretch etc.

It's obviously very important but you would think at this level that sort of thing being done properly would be a given.

Isn't Paul Ince going to sort out all your injury problems with yoga?

Can you pull a hamstring doing yoga?

Best not try the yoga!

Maybe it's a curse. You could try the Barry Fry remedy of pissing on all four corner flags?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I saw Ince was questioning how some players warm up and stretch etc.

It's obviously very important but you would think at this level that sort of thing being done properly would be a given.
    Yep it’s seriously unprofessional. It’s why I’m angry. It’s nit down to bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Isn't Paul Ince going to sort out all your injury problems with yoga?

Can you pull a hamstring doing yoga?

Best not try the yoga!

Maybe it's a curse. You could try the Barry Fry remedy of pissing on all four corner flags?
    He has mentioned doing yoga. Thing is some of the injuries are impact during training which is just idiotic. Some are soft tissue. It’s a mix but common sense needs to be applied. In an injury crisis go to non contact training and bloody well do your stretches.

He has mentioned doing yoga. Thing is some of the injuries are impact during training which is just idiotic. Some are soft tissue. It’s a mix but common sense needs to be applied. In an injury crisis go to non contact training and bloody well do your stretches.
    Pearcey it’s seems like we’re being lured into some hideous trap with your moaning and groaning about your concern for your club. My biggest concern is finding & getting the football bus from Reading town centre.