+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester United, oh dear.

Manchester United, oh dear.

2-0 down at home to Brighton who’ve just scored a great second goal = both scored by Gross who cost them about £1.5 million.

Re: Manchester United, oh dear.

Erik ten Hag out.

Just love to see it. Lovely counter from Brighton but also seemed so easy.

I think UTD are lucky not to be down to 10 men after that McTominay tackle.

Don’t know if it’s my eyesight, my TV, or his new haircut, but Danny Welbeck looks a lot older this season.

Ref's and VAR still give them the decisions. That should have been a penalty for Brighton

FT: Man Utd 1 - 2 Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t know if it’s my eyesight, my TV, or his new haircut, but Danny Welbeck looks a lot older this season.
    He is older.
    By one year.

No leadership on the pitch from Man U. Long may it continue.

how have successive managers failed to realise that mctominay is just not good enough for that level

Another Manager who won’t see out his contract. The Ferguson effect is still hampering the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Another Manager who won’t see out his contract. The Ferguson effect is still hampering the Club.
    Indeed. Fergie left them in disarray, loads of top stars leaving and no quality replacements. Mind you, there's no excuse for the plethora of failed managers that followed and failed to rebuild. It's not like they've got no money either.

A case of picking wrong manager after wrong manager in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Indeed. Fergie left them in disarray, loads of top stars leaving and no quality replacements. Mind you, there's no excuse for the plethora of failed managers that followed and failed to rebuild. It's not like they've got no money either.

A case of picking wrong manager after wrong manager in my opinion.
    ... and expecting them to be as good as Fergie.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    ... and expecting them to be as good as Fergie.
    I would argue that Fergie himself got somewhat lucky to a certain degree though.
    What would he have achieved without that class of 92 coming through....
    He did sign some great players to be fair to him, but he might not have been there to sign them in the first place if that crop hadn't have come through when they did.

I would argue that Fergie himself got somewhat lucky to a certain degree though.
    He did sign some great players to be fair to him, but he might not have been there to sign them in the first place if that crop hadn't have come through when they did.
    Got lucky in the 1990 semi final as well, that saved his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Got lucky in the 1990 semi final as well, that saved his skin.
    Agreed, wasn't it Mark Robins or someone that basically saved his career at Utd?

Yep! just like us! one loss and relegation fodder

Agreed, wasn't it Mark Robins or someone that basically saved his career at Utd?
    Robins scored a winning goal in a tricky Third Round FA Cup tie at Forest when it was generally felt that they would go out and Fergie would lose his job - he’d been in charge for something like three or four ears then and there been no real sign of improvement, but after they won the Cup, all of the pressure he was under disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Robins scored a winning goal in a tricky Third Round FA Cup tie at Forest when it was generally felt that they would go out and Fergie would lose his job - he’d been in charge for something like three or four ears then and there been no real sign of improvement, but after they won the Cup, all of the pressure he was under disappeared.
    Funny how things pan out. Warnock is arguably a better manager

And Brighton should have had a penalty as well. It was a good performance by them especially as they seem to sell their best players.

They need a clear out but don’t seem capable of doing it.

Think the signing of Cantona was what ignited United’s dominance at the start of the Premier League era. Signed from Leeds after their title success in 92.
    Don’t think many of the class of 92 were regulars during United’s first title season under Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He's no spring chicken these days. He's 32 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Think the signing of Cantona was what ignited United’s dominance at the start of the Premier League era. Signed from Leeds after their title success in 92.
    Don’t think many of the class of 92 were regulars during United’s first title season under Ferguson.
    *Cough* Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Beckham, both Nevilles's...
    Are you being serious?

*Cough* Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Beckham, both Nevilles's...
    Are you being serious?
    Giggs was the only one of those players to feature regularly for Man Utd in 1992/93.

I've just seen that Darren Ferguson made 15 appearances for them that season, so nepotism is one thing that Sir Alex and Sir Neil have in common.