+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 PORTSMOUTH. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v PORTSMOUTH. Match thread

Pathetic, SM won't last long at this rate.

It's embarrassing, League cup game or not.
    0-3 at home to a poor team, and one we should not be losing to at home, at least not by 3 goals!

And now down to 10

That Daley-Campbell is no Dramah

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 PORTSMOUTH. Match thread

Utter garbage.

No good passing the ball around if you have no idea what to do with it. No penetration at all.

Can't wait to see him blame Colwill for this.

Since our trip to Wembley how many League Cup games have we won? In fact cup games have we won?

For some of these players it could be their only chance this season, so I never understand why they don’t sacrifice themselves.

WTF is wrong with this club?

There will people thinking this result is the best result for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Since our trip to Wembley how many League Cup games have we won? In fact cup games have we won?

For some of these players it could be their only chance this season, so I never understand why they don’t sacrifice themselves.
    It doesn't matter how much you sacrifice if things are turning to shit around you.

Let's be brutally honest here, we've signed a ridiculous amount of players for one pre-season, a lot of them clearly not looking like they're up to the levels required.

I'd have rather had 6 or 7 quality players in early with a chance to gel.

SM is in vanity mode, thinking he knows best and can pull off the impossible. I for one was championing his appointment, I felt that with his knowledge of our youngsters, and a bit of smarts, he might do well.

It's looking messy at this point, that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    There will people thinking this result is the best result for us.
    Yes, Portsmouth supporters.

Not too fussed about it to be fair, embarrassing but a pointless cup in my mind. Want to give players more time off, get rid of this cup and focus on the FA cup

Since 2012, we've won 6 and lost 11 in the League cup. In all cups we've won 12, drawn 4 (losing one of those on penalties) and lost 20.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not too fussed about it to be fair, embarrassing but a pointless cup in my mind. Want to give players more time off, get rid of this cup and focus on the FA cup
    It's a fair point but embarrassing when SM is saying himself that players have this opportunity to step up etc.
    Who stepped up tonight?
    Largely very worrying, as is this system. I'd rather see a solid 4-4-2 and a chance to grind out results as opposed to us being embarrassed by our lack of cutting edge and getting buzzed on the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Since 2012, we've won 6 and lost 11 in the League cup. In all cups we've won 12, drawn 4 (losing one of those on penalties) and lost 20.
    Replying to my own reply, it should be added all PL and Championship clubs have lost 20 cup ties in the last decade, bar those who have actually won a cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It's a fair point but embarrassing when SM is saying himself that players have this opportunity to step up etc.
    Who stepped up tonight?
    Largely very worrying, as is this system. I'd rather see a solid 4-4-2 and a chance to grind out results as opposed to us being embarrassed by our lack of cutting edge and getting buzzed on the counter.
    I see where you’re coming from mate and to be fair I didn’t watch the match so not in the best place to comment. I’ll be much more disappointed if we lose on Saturday

To put a bit of perspective on things, 8 other championship sides lost to lower league teams tonight.
    None quite so embarrassingly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I did a quick flick through t'internet and found these victories-

Accrington 2013/14
    Port Vale, Coventry 2014/15
    Wimbledon 2015/16
    Portsmouth 2017/18
    Sutton 2021/22

If we’ve got such a squad - even if most are dead wood - why is one more game such a problem? It’s a football club, not a rehabilitation centre.

Nothing to see here. Nine Championship clubs played lower division sides tonight all nine ( including Reading) lost.
    Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Nothing to see here. Nine Championship clubs played lower division sides tonight all nine ( including Reading) lost.
    Who cares?
    You don't have Curtis Nelson as a first choice centre-half ☹️

I was listening to the club commentary - which is fairly critical and seems to be much less one-eyed and rose-tinted than many - and following a few match blogs.

If the club commentary was a fair reflection of the match we dominated the first half without being too threatening (lots of shots but few big chances) with Philogene and Campbell the main positives. The second half only had one positive - Rubin Colwill back in action. No way to dress that up as anything but poor and embarrassing - even if Portsmouth were very good defensively and took all the gifts on offer at the other end.

We need to be patient and accept there will be some bad days, but the pressure is really on Morison and his coaching team now to turn this brand new squad (15 signings likely to become at least 17) into a winning Championship team. Toothless up front, leaky at the back, prone to bad yellow/red card errors and with loads of potential that hasn't been realised so far.

Championship carnage tonight!

Who cares?
    I do for one plus the Manager & the 18 players he picked. Probably half of them are unlikely to get another games this season. They’re here to play first team football. Tonight was their showcase & they failed dismally.

STOP FKING SHOOTING!

I do for one plus the Manager & the 18 players he picked. Probably half of them are unlikely to get another games this season. They’re here to play first team football. Tonight was their showcase & they failed dismally.
    Fair enough. I don’t care about this Cup. Far more bothered about winning on Saturday than tonight.

Fair enough. I don’t care about this Cup. Far more bothered about winning on Saturday than tonight.
    Same here but for us it's more of a concern. Norwich looked a good result at first, but then they performed poorly in their next game, as did we against your lot.
    This was a chance at redemption and stepping up for our lot, yet we were even worse.
    So many new players and nobody stepping up against a poor Portsmouth side is a concern.