+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brexit and the Bluebirds

Re: Brexit and the Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed with a lot of younger brittish players getting their first opportunities on loan to Championship clubs.
    Torries/Brittish ? Has your keyboard got a stammer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I guess that depends what your point is or if you even have one.

From my perspective, it’d be interesting to know which foreign players City and other clubs would have been unable to sign had the Brexit rules been in place in the past. For instance, would Leicester have been able to sign Riyad Mahrez? Would Coventry have been able to sign Aron Gunnarsson? I’ve no idea, but it seems unlikely.
    My point is Steve Morrisons job of recruitment is no more difficult than any other manager in the division

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    My point is Steve Morrisons job of recruitment is no more difficult than any other manager in the division
    In fairness to him, he didn’t claim it was.

An interesting change anyway. Will be useful to see how the change impacts on the quality of the football league and non-league going forward. Can see an argument for how it will improve it, but also how it could negatively impact.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    An interesting change anyway. Will be useful to see how the change impacts on the quality of the football league and non-league going forward. Can see an argument for how it will improve it, but also how it could negatively impact.
    it won't affect the biggest clubs, as they can still pretty easily buy who they want, and if there's a real issue many of them have tie-ins with foreign clubs.
    it will make it more difficult for smaller EFL teams to close the gap with the established premier League clubs, as we have a smaller pool of players to choose from.

I guess that depends what your point is or if you even have one.

From my perspective, it’d be interesting to know which foreign players City and other clubs would have been unable to sign had the Brexit rules been in place in the past. For instance, would Leicester have been able to sign Riyad Mahrez? Would Coventry have been able to sign Aron Gunnarsson? I’ve no idea, but it seems unlikely.
    That's it cancel Brexit. Signing Riyad Mahrez for Leicester is far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    That's it cancel Brexit. Signing Riyad Mahrez for Leicester is far more important.
    It’s high time you were cancelled, but no doubt you’ll slope off soon enough before reappearing under yet another new username.

More important than... what, in your eyes? What's Brexit achieved for our nation in the 6 years since the vote? What positives have outweighed the negatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it won't affect the biggest clubs, as they can still pretty easily buy who they want, and if there's a real issue many of them have tie-ins with foreign clubs.
    it will make it more difficult for smaller EFL teams to close the gap with the established premier League clubs, as we have a smaller pool of players to choose from.
    I see your rationale, but maybe that's the case, maybe not. But the gap between the biggest clubs and the rest only got worse in the 1990s-2020s, so hardly an endorsement of the status quo.

Changes in things like this can bring about unexpected changes in outcomes.

It’s high time you were cancelled, but no doubt you’ll slope off soon enough before reappearing under yet another new username.
    I'm not a multi, you're paranoid. And stop making anti Brexit posts, then pretending it's otherwise. Absolutely nobody is convinced by your protestations. But...But... "Riyad Mahrez to Leicester!" i hear you cry... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    More important than... what, in your eyes? What's Brexit achieved for our nation in the 6 years since the vote? What positives have outweighed the negatives?
    We have removed the Democratic Defficit between the electorate and the beaurocrats . I'd say that's pretty big...Kevin.

We have removed the Democratic Defficit between the electorate and the beaurocrats . I'd say that's pretty big...Kevin.
    Is it removed?

Our head of state is unelected. The house of lords is full of unelected peers who hold their position for life. And our next Prime Minister is set to be chosen by only 200,000 people out of ~45million eligible voters.

Is it removed?

Our head of state is unelected. The house of lords is full of unelected peers who hold their position for life. And our next Prime Minister is set to be chosen by only 200,000 people out of ~45million eligible voters.
    And you think another layer of distant bureaucrats help with your complaint? LOL

Plenty of threads for Brexit arguments.

I actually found this one quite an interesting, informative (and respectful) one about the real life impacts of leaving the EU on Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Plenty of threads for Brexit arguments.

I actually found this one quite an interesting, informative (and respectful) one about the real life impacts of leaving the EU on Cardiff City.
    That's nice James, i suppose the law has been layed down then. But the OP was actually a Brexit post.

And you think another layer of distant bureaucrats help with your complaint? LOL
    "another layer"? So it hasn't been removed then?

That's nice James, i suppose the law has been layed down then.
    I'm not sure my opinion carries any weight in law, although I admit I haven't read the withdrawal document in full. Would be a welcome surprise to me if it does.

"another layer"? So it hasn't been removed then?
    Yes it has, we have left the EU Kevin.

So there's no democratic deficit in the UK now we've left? The UK is now a perfect democracy?

Have a read of this then. Bearing in mind this document is fact not opinion

https://eu-rope.ideasoneurope.eu/202...c-than-the-uk/

I'm not a multi, you're paranoid.
    You fool absolutely nobody.

Paranoid? Puzzled is what I am. I've never understood why people like you do what you do. Are you really so embarrassed by your own opinions that you have to hide behind multiple personas in order to express them? It's very strange behaviour.

International

I doubt it. He was 19 when he signed for Coventry and had made just one appearance for AZ Alkmaar.
    Fair enough, he grew up quick and appeared older than he looked, quite mature for a footballer.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Torries/Brittish ? Has your keyboard got a stammer?
    Can't really blame the keyboard, it's me!

International

More power to the workers and unions, a few years ago it would have been shut your mouth or we'll get some Poles/Bosnians/whatever to do your job for less, now it's ok we can look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    More power to the workers and unions, a few years ago it would have been shut your mouth or we'll get some Poles/Bosnians/whatever to do your job for less, now it's ok we can look at that.
    are you aware of workers rights in most of the EU?
    ever been to France?