Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
Given the BREXIT situation I wonder why the Bosman ruling remains applicable in football?
I presumed Bosman is about personal contracts however saw this

" Brexit has ended the free movement of labour between the UK and the EU. To this extent, it represents a reversal of the Bosman ruling. Clubs wishing to sign foreign players must now apply for a work permit, irrespective of whether these players are moving from EU or non-EU clubs"

I guess the work permit is key ..

On a related matter I feel the Boseman ruling has been slightly abused somewhat by greedy players and agents when they use the g the run down of contracts , as a result a club like the City loses a potential transfer fee with the player being tapped up in a pre contract discussion to bolster his wages for the saving the buying club benefits from , yes you could offer a new contract but that only helps the money clubs ,yes you tie them into longer contracts all of which effects the poorer clubs in my humble view as they cant finance such arrangements

Boseman

"The Bosman ruling meant that players could move to a new club at the end of their contract without their old club receiving a fee. Players can now agree a pre-contract with another club for a free transfer if the players' contract with their existing club has six months or less remaining""

What id like to know to know folk who wanted to n in EU and its free trade movement ,does this provide more opportunities for UK footballing youngsters ??