Some interesting stuff on Brexit from Steve Morison earlier in the week. When asked why the club had signed just one player from abroad this summer (Jamilu Collins), he replied:

"The biggest problem with abroad is that they need to have a certain amount of points, they need fifteen points minimum. Jamilu had his points because he's played for Nigeria. He got his points by a few other things and it all added up and I think he got in by one point.

"Some players you start looking at as a recruitment team and think, 'Oh, he looks good'. You look into it, send all of the stuff over to them and then you find out he has only got twelve points, so you can't do it. So it's Brexit that's caused it to be more difficult. Unless you're signing them from the top European divisions, from the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 or Serie A, then it's a lot more difficult to bring players over here."

This set me thinking about City players from the recent past who maybe wouldn't have been able to sign for the club if the rules had been the same before Brexit and I reckon there are plenty, including Rudy Gestede, Loic Damour and Robert Glatzel. Perhaps even Bluebirds legend Andreas Cornelius wouldn't have been considered eligible, but it's all guesswork as I have no idea how the new system works.

Does anyone know how players accumulate points under this arrangement?