+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brexit and the Bluebirds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit and the Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Is it removed?

Our head of state is unelected. The house of lords is full of unelected peers who hold their position for life. And our next Prime Minister is set to be chosen by only 200,000 people out of ~45million eligible voters.
    And you think another layer of distant bureaucrats help with your complaint? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    And you think another layer of distant bureaucrats help with your complaint? LOL
    "another layer"? So it hasn't been removed then?

Plenty of threads for Brexit arguments.

I actually found this one quite an interesting, informative (and respectful) one about the real life impacts of leaving the EU on Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Plenty of threads for Brexit arguments.

I actually found this one quite an interesting, informative (and respectful) one about the real life impacts of leaving the EU on Cardiff City.
    That's nice James, i suppose the law has been layed down then. But the OP was actually a Brexit post.

That's nice James, i suppose the law has been layed down then.
    I'm not sure my opinion carries any weight in law, although I admit I haven't read the withdrawal document in full. Would be a welcome surprise to me if it does.

"another layer"? So it hasn't been removed then?
    Yes it has, we have left the EU Kevin.

So there's no democratic deficit in the UK now we've left? The UK is now a perfect democracy?

Have a read of this then. Bearing in mind this document is fact not opinion

https://eu-rope.ideasoneurope.eu/202...c-than-the-uk/

So there's no democratic deficit in the UK now we've left? The UK is now a perfect democracy?
    It's dramatically improved, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You fool absolutely nobody.

Paranoid? Puzzled is what I am. I've never understood why people like you do what you do. Are you really so embarrassed by your own opinions that you have to hide behind multiple personas in order to express them? It's very strange behaviour.
    If you think somebody is adopting multiple personas to fool you. Yes that is paranoia isn't it?
    I'm not hiding behind multiple personas at all, once again you have succumbed to peer pressure and repeated a mistruth. What puzzles me is why you think i'm a multi...many people read this board without ever registering. I was one of them for years. There will be no convincing you as i fear the paranoia seems too far gone...ever admitted you were wrong on anything?

I'm not hiding behind multiple personas at all, once again you have succumbed to peer pressure and repeated a mistruth. What puzzles me is why you think i'm a multi...many people read this board without ever registering. I was one of them for years. There will be no convincing you as i fear the paranoia seems too far gone...ever admitted you were wrong on anything?
    You’re fooling nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You’re fooling nobody.
    More paranoia lol

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    My point is Steve Morrisons job of recruitment is no more difficult than any other manager in the division
    Well, apart from our (and Swansea's) well documented disadvantage in the loan market.

Not to wade into another Brexit debate, because I'd honestly rather shit in my hands and clap, but I wonder if Che Nunelly was one of the players who didn't have enough points? Was seemingly marked as a done deal by most of the Twitter accounts that were on the ball with other signings.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Well, apart from our (and Swansea's) well documented disadvantage in the loan market.

Not to wade into another Brexit debate, because I'd honestly rather shit in my hands and clap, but I wonder if Che Nunelly was one of the players who didn't have enough points? Was seemingly marked as a done deal by most of the Twitter accounts that were on the ball with other signings.
    according to a website I just looked at they reckon he'd have 17 points and that should be enough

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

You’d hope they’d have checked that before the deal was ‘done’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldfo...ertadores/amp/

here's a good description of how the new points system works.
    if they aren't playing for a top nation, or in a good league then you can basically forget it looking at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldfo...ertadores/amp/

here's a good description of how the new points system works.
    if they aren't playing for a top nation, or in a good league then you can basically forget it looking at this.
    So the best players from the best leagues can more easily come to the UK and the alternative is that clubs invest in British talent?

Sounds like an okay system to be honest.

And if it doesn't work, it can be changed.

So the best players from the best leagues can more easily come to the UK and the alternative is that clubs invest in British talent?

but like I said, it makes it more difficult for anyone to bridge the gap to the biggest clubs.
    Wigan, Brentford, Leicester all managed to uncover gems that escaped the radars of the top clubs. that route no longer exists, and if you do create some home grown talent that can get poached by the big clubs too

Stop talking sense, Brexit is to blame for everything.