+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brexit and the Bluebirds

International

Re: Brexit and the Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are you aware of workers rights in most of the EU?
    ever been to France?
    No I don't really care?

Lots of times why?

The UK has lots of job vacancies and Mick Lynch is now on the TV, UK truck drivers are happy and earning more money, what’s your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    So there's no democratic deficit in the UK now we've left? The UK is now a perfect democracy?
    It's dramatically improved, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You fool absolutely nobody.

Paranoid? Puzzled is what I am. I've never understood why people like you do what you do. Are you really so embarrassed by your own opinions that you have to hide behind multiple personas in order to express them? It's very strange behaviour.
    If you think somebody is adopting multiple personas to fool you. Yes that is paranoia isn't it?
    I'm not hiding behind multiple personas at all, once again you have succumbed to peer pressure and repeated a mistruth. What puzzles me is why you think i'm a multi...many people read this board without ever registering. I was one of them for years. There will be no convincing you as i fear the paranoia seems too far gone...ever admitted you were wrong on anything?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    More power to the workers and unions, a few years ago it would have been shut your mouth or we'll get some Poles/Bosnians/whatever to do your job for less, now it's ok we can look at that.
    The Tories are planning to strip us of many of our human and workers rights. Those rights prevented businesses from doing what you say they used to do.

More power to the workers and unions, a few years ago it would have been shut your mouth or we'll get some Poles/Bosnians/whatever to do your job for less, now it's ok we can look at that.
    Is that because of Brexit or has the cost of living rises pushed people over the brink?
    The majority of people striking are in jobs that can't be filled by unskilled, eastern European labour. Medical staff, train drivers and track maintenance crews, barristers, teachers, telecommunication engineers, tube and bus drivers, airline cabin crews, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I'm not hiding behind multiple personas at all, once again you have succumbed to peer pressure and repeated a mistruth. What puzzles me is why you think i'm a multi...many people read this board without ever registering. I was one of them for years. There will be no convincing you as i fear the paranoia seems too far gone...ever admitted you were wrong on anything?
    You’re fooling nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You’re fooling nobody.
    More paranoia lol

It's doing wonders for inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's doing wonders for inflation.
    It takes mere seconds to work out the current inflation rates, which for June 2022 are:

European Union: 9.6%
    United Kingdon: 9.4%

https://tradingeconomics.com/country...ntinent=europe

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Is that because of Brexit or has the cost of living rises pushed people over the brink?
    The majority of people striking are in jobs that can't be filled by unskilled, eastern European labour. Medical staff, train drivers and track maintenance crews, barristers, teachers, telecommunication engineers, tube and bus drivers, airline cabin crews, etc
    Partly probably, but it's generally supply and demand problems, it's taking employers longer to fill all positions, skilled and unskilled as they have less choice now, the power is shifting away from employers back towards employees. Wages will have to go up in this stuation, although of course thats not going to help with inflation.
    Thats why the BOE have increased interest rates to make it more expensive for employers/business to borrow, so more difficult for them to increase wages, it's going to be a strange year!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    My point is Steve Morrisons job of recruitment is no more difficult than any other manager in the division
    Well, apart from our (and Swansea's) well documented disadvantage in the loan market.

Not to wade into another Brexit debate, because I'd honestly rather shit in my hands and clap, but I wonder if Che Nunelly was one of the players who didn't have enough points? Was seemingly marked as a done deal by most of the Twitter accounts that were on the ball with other signings.

International

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It takes mere seconds to work out the current inflation rates, which for June 2022 are:

Exactly global supply issues and fuel energy prices are the driver not Brexit so far, although demand for good staff in the UK could be a problem in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Well, apart from our (and Swansea's) well documented disadvantage in the loan market.

Not to wade into another Brexit debate, because I'd honestly rather shit in my hands and clap, but I wonder if Che Nunelly was one of the players who didn't have enough points? Was seemingly marked as a done deal by most of the Twitter accounts that were on the ball with other signings.
    according to a website I just looked at they reckon he'd have 17 points and that should be enough

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

You’d hope they’d have checked that before the deal was ‘done’

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Morison definitely voted leave
    Good man.

Killed em..

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Given the BREXIT situation I wonder why the Bosman ruling remains applicable in football?
    I presumed Bosman is about personal contracts however saw this

" Brexit has ended the free movement of labour between the UK and the EU. To this extent, it represents a reversal of the Bosman ruling. Clubs wishing to sign foreign players must now apply for a work permit, irrespective of whether these players are moving from EU or non-EU clubs"

I guess the work permit is key ..

On a related matter I feel the Boseman ruling has been slightly abused somewhat by greedy players and agents when they use the g the run down of contracts , as a result a club like the City loses a potential transfer fee with the player being tapped up in a pre contract discussion to bolster his wages for the saving the buying club benefits from , yes you could offer a new contract but that only helps the money clubs ,yes you tie them into longer contracts all of which effects the poorer clubs in my humble view as they cant finance such arrangements

Boseman

"The Bosman ruling meant that players could move to a new club at the end of their contract without their old club receiving a fee. Players can now agree a pre-contract with another club for a free transfer if the players' contract with their existing club has six months or less remaining""

What id like to know to know folk who wanted to n in EU and its free trade movement ,does this provide more opportunities for UK footballing youngsters ??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldfo...ertadores/amp/

here's a good description of how the new points system works.
    if they aren't playing for a top nation, or in a good league then you can basically forget it looking at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldfo...ertadores/amp/

here's a good description of how the new points system works.
    if they aren't playing for a top nation, or in a good league then you can basically forget it looking at this.
    So the best players from the best leagues can more easily come to the UK and the alternative is that clubs invest in British talent?

Sounds like an okay system to be honest.

And if it doesn't work, it can be changed.

So the best players from the best leagues can more easily come to the UK and the alternative is that clubs invest in British talent?

but like I said, it makes it more difficult for anyone to bridge the gap to the biggest clubs.
    Wigan, Brentford, Leicester all managed to uncover gems that escaped the radars of the top clubs. that route no longer exists, and if you do create some home grown talent that can get poached by the big clubs too

Stop talking sense, Brexit is to blame for everything.

The big three EU states:
    France 6.1%
    Germany: 7.5%
    Italy: 7.9%

and then there's the UK: 9.4%

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    The big three EU states:
    France 6.1%
    Germany: 7.5%
    Italy: 7.9%

and then there's the UK: 9.4%
    Where do you hire your cherry picker from mate?

Inflation is nothing to do with a countries size. You need to compare like with like. The debate here seems to be that Brexit has caused inflation (it hasn't) and so we should compare the UK with the EU. Inflation is currently higher in the EU..

You compare the biggest 3 for some reason. Why don't we compare the UK with the biggest 7 EU countries?

Poland - 15.5%
    Romania - 15.05%
    Spain 10.8%
    Netherlands - 10.3%
    UK - 9.4%
    Italy - 7.9%
    Germany - 7.5%
    France - 6.1%

If you move the goalposts, you get a different result. And next month it will change again. The fact is inflation is not being caused by Brexit, it's high everywhere and is slightly higher in the EU at the moment. The causes lie elsewhere.

FWIW, comparing the UK with the G20 is perhaps the most useful way to analyse anything. G7 is a very small and selective group.

Where do you hire your cherry picker from mate?

Inflation is nothing to do with a countries size. You need to compare like with like. The debate here seems to be that Brexit has caused inflation (it hasn't) and so we should compare the UK with the EU. Inflation is currently higher in the EU..

You compare the biggest 3 for some reason. Why don't we compare the UK with the biggest 7 EU countries?

Poland - 15.5%
    Romania - 15.05%
    Spain 10.8%
    Netherlands - 10.3%
    UK - 9.4%
    Italy - 7.9%
    Germany - 7.5%
    France - 6.1%

If you move the goalposts, you get a different result. And next month it will change again. The fact is inflation is not being caused by Brexit, it's high everywhere and is slightly higher in the EU at the moment. The causes lie elsewhere.

FWIW, comparing the UK with the G20 is perhaps the most useful way to analyse anything. G7 is a very small and selective group.

I picked the biggest three because they are in the G7, like the UK. It makes more sense to compare the UK to G7 countries than a EU average that includes lots of very small economies (Estonia is half the size of Wales) and countries bordering a war.

How does the UK’s inflation rate compare to the other G7 countries? What are the forecasts for the UK economy for the next 18 months and beyond? It’s not great, is it?

Nobody suggests Brexit is the cause of inflation, but it plays a part and makes dealing with it and fuelling growth that much more challenging. We have barriers to trade with the worlds biggest market, our biggest trading partner (50% of UK foreign trade in goods in 2019), that we didn’t have before. And we haven’t even implemented the checks for food imports yet. So the damage of Brexit isn’t even fully impacting. Those checks when implemented, do you think they will help with inflationary pressures?