+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: West Ham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Even a successful Cardiff City doesn't seem to hold onto its support . People fight to get season tickets when we go up but after the inevitable relegation 15000 of them disappear .
    We lost 6.6k after our first relegation and 8.6k after our second. Both times that was around 25% of our fan base. Such drops in attendance are not unusual by any means. I'll happily repeat myself again and say that virtually the only clubs that have not suffered drops in attendance after relegation from the PL are those who have enjoyed a long history in the top division. There are sides who have enjoyed more top flight football than us over the last 50 years that have seen crowds drop by more than ours has.

International

Re: West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We lost 6.6k after our first relegation and 8.6k after our second. Both times that was around 25% of our fan base. Such drops in attendance are not unusual by any means. I'll happily repeat myself again and say that virtually the only clubs that have not suffered drops in attendance after relegation from the PL are those who have enjoyed a long history in the top division. There are sides who have enjoyed more top flight football than us over the last 50 years that have seen crowds drop by more than ours has.
    Norwich probably keep a lot of theirs, they get battered every week in the Premier, we know how that feels and normally batter everyone in the Championship, so they probably enjoy it more?

Glad to see them not finding it easy so far this season, long may it continue!